​🇹​​🇭​​🇪​ ​🇧​​🇴​​🇴​​🇰​ ​🇴​​🇫​ ​🇧​​🇦​​🇱​​🇦​​🇳​​🇨​​🇪​

A SERVANT ARRIVES DURING THE TWILIGHT HOUR, delivering the king's summons to his chambers

A SERVANT ARRIVES DURING THE TWILIGHT HOUR, delivering the king's summons to his chambers. Liberated from my gilded cage, I marvel at the freedom. Prepared to impress, I choose from the many gowns ordered by the king. The fabric is soft against my skin and dangerous in its bold and fresh colors, reflecting the latest French fashion from the French Court. My heart beats rapidly as the seamstress presents an array of fabric in different shades of red, copper, gold, and apricot, each shimmering with astounding beauty. Great respect is bestowed upon me, and the King has initiated new projects in my honor. This meeting marks our first encounter since my release, and I must play the part of a great actress to ensure my safety. Lord Cromwell's demise, a whisper in court, has granted my wish. Jewels, including my favorite rubies and emeralds, are presented to me. I chose a necklace engraved with pearls and rubies, dripping with elegance and passion. Donning a crimson gown, the color of seduction, I aim to catch the king's eye. Poised and magnificent, I sit at my dressing table after washing and bathing. My ladies, with Isabelle's masterful hands, brush my thick and heavy mane of hair, worn loose, down my shoulders and back. Looking at Isabelle through the looking glass, I smile and respond, "Are you well, my lady?" With a nod, I reply, "Yes, I am well. Thank you. I am pleased the King has sent gifts, even though the day before I could not touch them. Today, his coin will make me happy." Laughter erupts among the ladies, amusing me. Taking a cup of water, I savor the anticipation of meeting the King, knowing he will pine for my presence. Excitement courses through me.

This will be the only time Henry Tudor will lay eyes on me, and I want him to absorb every detail

This will be the only time Henry Tudor will lay eyes on me, and I want him to absorb every detail. Rising like a phoenix, I am determined that the scandal will not tarnish my name. As Anne Boleyn, Marquess of Pembroke, and future Queen of England, I am also the mother of Elizabeth Tudor, Princess of Wales. My ladies assist me into my gown, and the seamstress, blessed by God, will receive gold when I ascend the throne. Hours out of my cage, I am becoming myself. Leaving my chambers when ready, my ladies, looking exquisite, follow me, creating a stir at the Court. Walking through Whitehall Palace to the King's chambers, I am expected, assuring my ladies I will return as the meeting with the King will be brief. The court whispers about the new ladies, with two being English and one French. Confident and aware of the awe directed at me, I join the King in private, knowing this encounter should be interesting. Soon, I plan to escape Whitehall and go to Greenwich, confident that the King will yearn for my company.

THE KING MEETS WITH THE MARQUESS OF PEMBROKE Entering the King's chamber, I am greeted with love. "Marquess," he says, approaching to hug me. "I am glad you have come." A kiss on the cheek follows as he withdraws to admire me. "You look lovely, red has always been your color. It is flattering." Grateful for the compliment, I express my thanks and am led to a sublime table where two glasses await. Politely declining, I mention my need to attend mass and pray. The King looks surprised, his hopes for a different outcome evident in his eyes filled with the fire of lust. Refusing his advances, I reveal that I pray for my brother George's soul, shocking Henry. When he suggests a visit, I respond with a deep curtsy and a burning passion in my gaze. "I bid you a good day, my Lord and King," I say, leaving his chamber.

 "I bid you a good day, my Lord and King," I say, leaving his chamber

•۞•