Chapter 01: The Cutthroat

To Lenie, my bestfriend, for being the first one who appreciated the prologue of this story as she accidentally read it in my phone. (Though she doesn't know I'm the writer at first—-which was epic!) 

lmao

* * *

The body and soul merges in the fusion of emotions. Our means of expression come to the shadow of the true person. There are no masks for the soul. But I can still cover up my facial expressions. I won't let anyone see through me.

I can say my life wasn't the prettiest and the loveliest. You can see no colors on it. No unicorns and rainbows. No happy stuffs. The best example to describe my life is a black sheet of paper——That's how dark my life is.

I live alone. I have a not so decent work and it made my name to have a sure slot in Hell. I assassinate businessmen or any person that my employer asked me to kill. My job is like an attempt to reach the bottomless pit. I already killed numerous people, sinner or not. People can't see this real cruel world and it made me sick. The only end of this game is death. And my job is cut the game short.

I already pulled a lot of deadly stunts and the least I can remember is when I run away a Mafia that trained me for years. Isang malaking problema ang binangga ko, I know. Although that was around three years ago, I'm still not settling down my life out of their hands. I am not yet free. My escape is not yet successful.  I'm sure of it. They inserted this in our minds that organizations like as deadly as this is...inescapable and only death can fall the bond apart.

But still, my forlorn life must go on. Kaya heto at nagtratrabaho.

"Ang pangalan niya ay Albert Rivera, my brother and the future CEO of our company..."

I'm having an appointment with this guy, wearing a businessman suit. I forgot his name and I won't bother remembering that crap. Kailangan ko lang ng detalye at ang ibabayad niya. After I finish this mission, our connection will also end.

"...kinuha niya sakin lahat ng mga bagay na dapat ay sa akin. Dapat sa akin ang kompanya!"

"Yeah. I don't really care. Cut the storytelling. I just need the details." Singit ko sa kanyang pagdadalam-hati. Pero nagpatuloy pa rin siya. And as if, he didn't heard me at all. I rolled my eyes, not listening to his drama. I've already met employers like him and it's really hard to stop them from bursting their emotions. I don't really care whatever their motivation is, bad or good. It won't make them a good person in the end.

"They held a party for him this night." He said while wiping his tears. Hah! Such a baby. Umayos na ako ng upo dahil tapos na siyang magdrama. "And tonight, I want him dead." He placed a white envelope in front of me, probably my fee. I stood up and went out his office. Our conversation won't last that long if he just gave me the details and my fee. Good thing he is my employer for this day or else I won't hesitate to kill him on the spot.

'Well, maybe next time.' I smirked to myself.

Paglabas ko ng elevator ay napatingin sakin lahat ng nagtratrabaho doon. Tahimik ang palapag na ito at ang black heels ko lang ang naririnig kong ingay. Hindi ko sila pinansin o ni pinasadahan ng tingin. Nang tuluyan na akong makalabas sa gusali ay pumara ako ng bus sa kalsada pauwi para maghanda para sa misyon ko mamayang gabi.

* * *

Tapos na ang pagtitipon para sa aasintahin ko ngayong gabi. Nagsi-uwian na ang lahat ng dumalo maliban sa mga sandaling nagpaiwan para batian ang susunod na CEO.  My employer gave me an invitation so I can enter the party easily. I wore a black dress to blend. My make up was light and I didn't bother to fix my straight long hair. The party was fun and my target was obviously having fun right now. He's wearing a big smile all night. Naisayaw niya pa ako kanina at walang kaalam-alam na ako na pala ang tatapos sa buhay niya.

My target is walking with his bodyguard in the parking lot and I'm hiding in a dark area near his car. Still wearing a big smile, he unlocked his car and a beep sound flickered. I whistled to catch their attention. He's about to enter the car but stop abruptly when he saw me coming out my hiding place. His smile grew larger and I fake a smile back. I can feel his bodyguard eyeing me behind his black shades.

"What can we do to you, lovely lady?" He asked. I walked nearer until I reach about two meters away from him. They didn't notice my other hand at my back hiding something even he scanned me up and down. Pathetic.

"I want something from you." Sandaling tumaas ang kanyang kilay bago uli magtanong.

"And, what is that?" He tilted his head slightly out of curiosity.

The smile on his face faded as I drew a knife out in my back. His eyes grew larger as he stiffened. "I want your life." I said flatly. His bodyguard became alert. He covered his boss while pointing a gun at me. He whispered something that made Mr. Rivera run inside the car.

"Sino ka?!" He asked with authority. But his shaking hands betrayed him.

"Move. You are not my target." I swayed the knife a few times for experimental test. I got this in the party. I think they've used this to cut the cake or something. I dunno. "And don't point the gun at me. The bullet might bounce back to you."

"Sinong nagpadala sayo?!" Is he expecting me to answer that?

"For the second and last time, move." I finalized, but he still didn't step back. Such a loyal bodyguard he is. He pulled the trigger while shaking. I didn't bother defending because I know it's out of direction. The bullet passed through inches away my cheek. See? Katangahan.

"Anong pangalan mo?!" He looked pissed and scared now. May mga patak ng pawis ang tumutulo galing sa kanyang noo.

"You can call me Cutthroat." I walked a step forward and he did the opposite. "And because you didn't move, I'm going to cut your throat." With a second, the blade is already slicing his neck hearing a wet tearing sound. I push it harder as blood spurted out of the wound and splattered in my face. He kneeled out of life and I just kicked him away.

Binuksan ko ang pintuan ng kotse. To my surprise, it is not locked. Bat' ba andaming tanga na ngayon? Hindi ako makapaniwalang maghahawak siya ng kompanya kung walang laman ang kokote nito. Naabutan ko si Mr. Rivera na natataranta at hindi maipasok ang susi sa sobrang panginginig. Hinila ko siya palabas at tinulak pasandal sa kotse. Ramdam ko ang panginginig ng buong katawan niya at kitang kita ang takot sa mga mata nito.

"Why can't you smile now?" I asked sheepishly.

"I-Ilang pera ang g-gusto mo? I-Ibibigay k-ko!" He offered stuttering.

"Sorry. Bayad na ako." I put the knife inside his neck before he could say anything again. I twisted the blade and wrenched it out of his neck. His body fell away out my grip and hit the ground like a sack of rice. I already blocked all the CCTVs in this area to keep my identity safe. I stepped out the parking lot before anyone could see.

So far, my work was now done here.