14 : Consequences

Start from the beginning

"When did you reduce into such an immoral and vulgar woman?" He yelled in rage and instinctively Tiara pushed him away from her and slapped him across his face. 

Her action shocked both parties and she covered her mouth trapping her scream in. The drops of distress gushed out from Jimin's eyes forcing Tiara to concede the gravity of her selfish actions. Her desires had morphed into a hammer that broke her beloved friend from the core.

"I'm sorry Jimin, I'm so sorry" She cried cupping her mouth.

"I am ashamed of myself but I cannot deny that I am in love with him" She spoke truthfully as more tears descended from her eyes.

"I am no longer capable of fulfilling the promise our father made Jimin" Jimin clenched his hands into a fist trying his best to control the darkness that wanted to take over him. He shut his eyes containing the madness swirling over his head. He wanted to rip apart the man who snatched his happiness and his dream. He wanted to go on a rampage and destroy the entire human realm at that moment.

"Let's end our engagement," She spoke in a low trembling voice.

A bitter chuckle escaped Jimin's lips and slowly erased the distance between them. He pulled her closer to him and leaned his head against her shoulder.

"I hope the end of our engagement will be honored in the next battle with my death" before another man's scent tortured his senses more to the point he couldn't take it and lost control, Jimin dashed out of her chamber with tears filled in his eyes.

With a sullen heart, Tiara cleaned herself. The guilt for ripping his soul apart stabbed her but how could she prevent falling in love with Taehyung when it was never in her control? She valued Jimin but her affection for him was only as a family and her best friend and though she was truly ashamed of her actions, she could never deny her passion and desire for the man she loved.

Mentally agreeing to try and mend their friendship, Tiara first cleaned herself well and then made her way to the crown prince's chamber to find the Royal physician exiting the room and discussing with her cousin.

"Is everything all fine?" Tiara asked in concern wondering why the Royal doctor visited the crown prince's chamber at late hours.

"Your Highness" The doctor bowed ninety degrees to show his respect to the princess then he began "I was about to come to you" He spoke adjusting his glasses.

Tiara tilted her not grasping the situation when Jasabella spoke"Crown prince suddenly got a high fever, your highness" She politely informed the older female.

"How is that possible? he was fine when we meet a few moments ago" Tiara knitted her brows and questioned in distress.

"I think it is due to exhaustion," The doctors informed them "I have given him the medicine but what he needs the most right now is you my highness" he paused for a while before continuing "He has been calling your name ever since he passed out," he added.

Tiara's heart clenched hearing the doctor's words and without listening to him any further she rushed inside the room beside her Kookie. The little prince was laying on the bed heavily sweating and Lord Jimin was by his side caressing his hair.

Jimin changed the piece of cloth that was placed on the prince's burning forehead. He could wholly understand the prince's feelings as he was going through the same grief because he was well aware that the prince shared a bond with his fiance.

Even though it went unnoticed by most of the people around them, he always caught the spark Kookie had in his eyes whenever he looked at Tiara.

Yes, he was too small to clearly understand the bond he had with his stepsister but Jimin was certain as he would grow up the affection he had for Tiara would grow deeper into love. However, he couldn't apprehend which of them was doomed with unrequited love or maybe both shared the fate cursed of dark love.

Tiara and Jimin extended their hand at the same time to touch Kookie's forehead and Tiara gasped when Jimin's heat transmitted into her body.

"You are burning" Tiara grabbed his hand before he could pull it away. She gently touched his forehead and then his cheeks with worries and concern clearly visible on her face.

"I'm okay," Jimin assured in a low voice. " You don't look like you are okay" She replied almost immediately with a frown.

"I will call the royal doctor to check up on you" she was about to leave but Jimin stopped her by holding onto her hand

"I'm sorry Tiara" Jimin pulled her closer to his warm body "for saying all those things to you, I'm sorry, " She could tell that he was sincerely guilty of his actions.

"No Jimin, I should be the one apologizing. I should have been more honest with you. Rather I hid the truth" she wrapped her arms around his masculine body and closed her eyes letting herself melt in his embrace.

Jimin rested his head on her shoulders and huffed a joyless laugh, pitying himself for being miserable when it came to the woman before him. Even when she cheated on him, he couldn't bring himself to let her go, worst it was making him want to hold on to her no matter what the consequences would be.

"Tiara I'm sorry but I won't be able to give up on you." He confessed "This is all I can do anyway. All I know is how to love you" Tiara's eyes went wide hearing him being so vocal about his feeling.

"So don't ask me to forget you because whether or not you love me in return you'll always be precious to me " He cupped her face and placed a peck on her forehead.

"Now be with Kookie, He needs you" He patted her head gently and then walked out of the room leaving dazed Tiara alone.

Tiara found herself on the floor sobbing alone. She never wanted to be the cause of Jimin's misery. She even thought what she felt for Jimin was love but everything changed after she met Taehyung. He gave rise to different sensations within her. She felt a burning passion for him and the physical attraction was intense. Something she never felt for Jimin.

Gathering herself up, she made her way to Kookie's bed then crawled into bed under the blanket, and as soon as Kookie sensed her presence he snuggled closer to her. She had to ingest her distress and concentrate on her brother for now. His health was her top priority.

"He sniffed her then smiled to himself "I can finally smell your scent Tia" He wrapped his warm little arms around her cuddling with her.

"Finally my heart stopped hurting," He mumbled softly and buried his face into her chest.

"I missed you so much Kookie" her voice cracked at the end as she stroked the little boy's hair.

"I missed you too Tia, I missed boom boom sama too," She chuckled hearing Kookie denote her bosom as boom boom sama as he nestled closer.

***********************