14 : Consequences

Tiara sneaked into the castle using the portal she placed near the tree on the cliff and hastened back to her chamber. She was about to change her attire when a knock was heard on the well-sculptured ebony wooden door to her bedroom.

"Your highness Crown prince, Ministers of warfare and Princess Jasabella requests your presence" a high-pitched voice of her maiden informed her of their arrival, and in excitement to see her brother after a long day, Tiara requested her guest to be allowed to enter. When the door opened an over-excited little boy approached her at his full speed.

"Tia" Kookie chimed and Tiara immediately lifted the prince kissing him all over his face.

"My Kookie" she held him closer rocking him to and fro in her arms. 

Instead of hugging her back with equal passion, Kookie pushed her with his little hands and jumped down from her arms with a look of betrayal.

"Tia, why do you smell this way?" He scrunched his nose in disgust as his eyes changed into deep red signifying he was mad.

"Kookie.." startled by his reaction, Tiara walked closer with her arms outstretched but the little prince stepped backward slapping her arms away. He shook his head rejecting her advances and hid behind their cousin Jassabella.

Perplexed, Tiara shifted her gaze from Kookie to Jimin whose reaction was no different than that of the younger male glaring at her with a cold gaze. Tiara bit her lips trying to control her tears unable to bear Kookie abjuring her. Her brother had never behaved in such a manner therefore, his sudden hostility caused her a great deal of anguish.

"Kookie come to Tia," She said in a trembling voice but instead of running to her arms, the crown prince dashed out from the room, with tears glistening in his eyes.

"Kookie.."She attempted to follow him but Jimin's strong grip on her wrist stopped her.

"Your Highness, I will go after him" Jassabella gave Tiara a nervous glance before following the prince giving her and Jimin some privacy. After she was gone the door closed shut with a force making her flinch in shock.

"Jimin.."  Jimin violently slammed her into the wall making a flare of pain burn her back as she winced in pain.

"How could you?" he looked at her with eyes filled with hurt and betrayed expression.

"How could you?" Jimin repeated, slamming both of his hands into the wall and trapping Tiara in between. Nervousness stirred in the bottom of her stomach as she anxiously glanced at her feet.

"Look at me" He ordered her with a loud voice but still she couldn't bring herself to face him.

She finally understood why Kookie reacted that way. Being magical creatures they all were blessed with super senses so it was not a surprise that both of them could smell another man in her.

"Look at me dammit" He grabbed her arms and jerked her forcing her to look directly into his eyes. His eyes glistened with the despair her treachery had brought upon him. The moment he entered the room, he could smell a foreign man all over her so he was enraged beyond words because her infidelity was proof that she had no respect for their relationship. . His heart was bleeding learning she was unfaithful to him.

"Was the virtue of princess of Pyracea paltry that you handed it over to a nameless commoner without a second thought?" He spat those bitter words right in her face holding her more tightly

"Tell me, princess? Did you betray your fiance and sully yourself?" He questioned her shamelessly without worrying that he was hurting her.

"Let me go Jimin, you are hurting me" Tiara whimpered in pain trying to struggle out of his grasp.