I felt like some disgusting, degrading animal had taken a chop out of me when I saw her fall. At the moment, all I wanted to do was take off after her, capture her in my arms and protect her from any harm. Armani was a fucking angel; she doesn't deserve any pain or harm that's coming to her.

There was also the vision of Arden and me in the underworld. We were in the Archives of the Underworld, and for some reason we were alone. I didn't know if it was a view of the future or anything, but I know that I was about to kiss her. Kiss Arden. I didn't know how to feel about that. No doubt Arden was what everyone thought her out to be- extraordinary, however, I never thought about her and I that way.

Zane was lucky to have had her, though. He was a lucky guy but all that was ruined and tarnished. And it was technically my fault- somewhat. But it seemed that they were having some...issues with Johanna and all. Before we did lock lips though, I heard a voice...

I shook my head, getting out of my mind. I stepped in front of Ace and grabbed his shoulders tightly. They were tense, hard, and he was fighting me slightly. "Ace," I stated sternly. "Ace, look at me."

I summoned the power in me and felt my eyes shift. If I was going to trance him, it'd take a lot. I felt my voice strengthen, and deepen. "Ace, look at me."

The screaming stopped and he opened his eyes. They were bloodshot and his pupils were enlarged. Clenching his teeth down tightly, I made direct eye contact with him. He was pushing air out of his mouth, and his hair was damp from the sweat on his forehead. Sorry, Ace. "ýpnos."

Ace made a choked sound at the back of his throat and I watched as his eyes rolled and shut. He fell completely unconscious on the floor. Armani next to me was breathing heavily and still holding onto him. I felt her look at me from my side. "How'd you do that?" Curiosity and wonder filled her eyes. I just shrugged simply, looking into her big brown eyes.

"What do you think happened?" Camilla asked as she touched his forehead. Her eyes shifted to a bright yellow and I waited.

"Anything?" I asked. Camilla shook her head.

"Nothing." A loud voice boomed. It was a male's voice and I was shocked- for the sole purpose it wasn't Johanna. But now of all times.

Today's been crazy enough as it is. Johanna wasn't giving up. What the fuck is wrong with that chick?

"Who's that?" Armani furrowed her eyebrows. Her hands fisted tightly by her side and I looked up cautiously, following the voice.

"Absolutely nothing." The voice continued. "What a day," The voice sighed. "Too bad it's only four of you here. I've been looking forward to crossing paths with Nikhole again."

It had to be Zakari. Or Kenai.

"What do you want now?" I asked, looking around.

"It's a shame that poor Armani can't remember a single thing." The voice laughed. "How'd that happen?" He asked faintly.

I stood up, my hands twitching in front of me. "Why don't you show yourself and stop being a pu-"

"Hayden." I heard Camilla behind me, loud.

"Ah," I heard the voice behind me and I spun around quickly. I came in view with Zakari right in front of me, wearing a smirk on his face. He was dressed in the same clothes as earlier, still stained from blood and dirt. "Language."

His proximity caught me off-guard and I ducked right before he could land a punch in my face. I kicked him from under his feet and he fell on his back. Zakari was up again quickly and then the brawl started. Dodging blows into each other's stomachs, faces, and chest, him and I were engaged in a full-on blowout.

Zakari was a strong guy, his punches- I actually felt them. I grabbed Zakari around the waist and pushed him until he clashed against one of the shelves. Books came falling down from the impact and Zakari groaned as his back hit the hard surface.

His foot pushed against my stomach and I went stumbling back. I felt the brief pain and ache in my body that came and went quickly. Zakari glared at me and I held my stomach. "Fuck, what the hell is wrong with you?" I breathed out. My poor body.

I saw Zakari's eyes shift to a dark mystical blue and I drew my eyebrows together. I groaned out loud as he began making his way towards me. I contorted my face and stood up straight, preparing myself for more fighting.

As he continued to walk, an arrow rushed passed and lodged into his leg, Zakari winced and we both looked to Armani who was holding a dark bow in her right hand. Her face was impassive and I couldn't tell what she was thinking about at the moment.

Suddenly, I heard Camilla grunt and before Zakari could pull out the long arrow, she took her foot and shoved it in further. Zakari cried out again and cut his eyes at her. Camilla pushed at his chest and once again and he went into the bookshelf, allowing more books to fall to the ground.

Zakari quickly pushed himself off the walls and shot at Camilla's jaw. As he kept throwing punches, she managed to dodge many of them and I decided to step in again. As Camila and I both threw punches at him, I was utterly shocked when he fought off the both of us simultaneously. He caught both of our fists and in shock, Camilla and I paused. We gave each other a bewildered expression- Zakari wearing one of anger and irritation. He pushed his left arm forward and hit Camilla right in her face and she fell backward with a grunt. He kicked her in her stomach and she rolled over in pain. I took my free hand and tried to aim for his face but Zakari caught me off guard and swept my feet from under me. I also fell to the ground and tried to ignore the now spreading pain in my back.

"Johanna couldn't come herself, but she wanted you to have this," Zakari said from over me. Before I could move, I watched him ball his fist and let go of a blue-ish powder over Camilla and me.

The power was like fire in my eyes and I immediately screamed when it made contact. The shit burned like hell and I could hear Camilla shouting out as well. I tried to make the most out of my blurry and scratchy vision- but the last thing I remembered was Armani running over to us after Zakari disappeared.

*****
So many things happening at once. We shall return to Armani, Ace, Camilla, and Hayden soon. I just Camilla's chemistry with everyone- it's hilarious. We'll soon find out what that blue dust is and what's going to happen.

In the meantime, our next chapter goes back to Hadrians Library where the gang gang found someone. Yay, new characters!

Until next time,
-brittany.