Chapter 5

[Reader's POV]

I chuckled. "Huh?"

Mae slaps her hand onto her forehead. "You're so clueless." She said before ushering us inside.

Hoseok walks over to the sofa and sits himself down. "You wait here, I need to have a word with Y/n." Mae grabs onto my arm and drags me into the kitchen.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU KNEW THE PRINCE OF GWANGJU!" She whisper yelled causing me to roll my eyes.

"Because I just found out about it myself! And he isn't my friend he's just someone who asked me to take him away from his own wedding." I explain.

Mae's eyes widen. "What?!" She yelled as I cover my ears. "HIS OWN WEDDING?!"

"Mae stop yelling! He's in the other room!" I whisper. Mae takes a few deep breaths to calm down.

"So you're telling me, he begged you to take him away from his own wedding and you just...did?" She asked.

I nod my head. "Yup, I did. We were both in a situation we didnt want to be in so I thought why not?"

Mae grabs onto my shoulders. "Was it Ryan?" I nod my head. "See? I told you-"

"Yes, you told me so. I know. I dont want to hear it Mae, I've been telling myself all night about how I should've left a long time ago. I don't want to talk about it anymore." I admit.

I walk away from Mae and go back into the living room where Hoseok was looking at a few family photos. "Is this you and...?" He looked up at me asking.

I grab the photo out of his hand and look at it, nodding. "Sadly. Come on, Mae's husband has some clothes you can wear for the time being." I grab onto his wrist and drag him upstairs into Mae's room.

"Is this it?" Hoseok asked pointing towards the open closet. I nod my head.

"I don't know what your closet looks like, probably filled to the brim with designer clothing, but we don't have that. We're what you call, middle class." I pat his back, giving him a little shove towards the closet.

"I'm going downstairs, stay here and pick out some clothes. After you're done we're going out." I say walking out.

As I was coming down the stairs Mae peaks her head out of the kitchen. "How's he doing?" She asked.

"I think he expects everything to be the way it was back home, I hate to break it to him but that isn't going to be the case." I shrug making Mae laugh.

"He'll get used to it," She says. "As for you, I know you don't have a place to go to so I'm offering my home to you."

I shake my head. "No Mae, I can't-"

"Yes you can, you don't have a place to go and if you hotel hop you wont have any money to afford a place to stay," She walked over and grabbed onto my hands. "So please just stay with me?"

I grab onto Mae's shoulders and bring her into a hug. "Thank you so much Mae." I whisper in her ear. Mae smiles and pats my back.

We're just going to pretend that was all Mae's idea...

"Am I interrupting something?" Mae and I both turn our attention towards the stairs where Hoseok stood in a black hoodie and ripped skinny jeans.

"Damn..." I whisper causing Mae to smack my arm. I look over at her and shrug my shoulders. "Are you ready?" I cough.

Hoseok nods his head, bouncing off the last step. I wave off Mae and take my leave with Hoseok not too far behind me.

"Where are we going anyway?" He asked as we both buckled into the car.

"We're going into town to get some things, I'm assuming you're going to be staying with us and you need your own tooth brush and stuff, along with clothes. Besides, I want you to get a feel for what it's like to not have everything handed to you." I say smirking towards him.

"I do not get everything handed to me!" He protests making me laugh.

"Of course you do Hoseok! That's how royal families work, if they can afford what you want, you get it. End of discussion."

Hoseok just huffs and chooses to he quiet the rest of the ride.

||

(UNEDITED)

This chapter kinda sucked but that was because it was unfinished the night before and i probably forgot my motive.

If any if this doesn't make sense im sorry :(

Thanks for reading!