Jungwoo hooted, slapping hands with Jinsang and Namjoon tilted his head. "Fortnite?" He almost flinched and shrunk when he saw the stares of the boys go to him, as if they're judging him because of his absent knowledge of this so-called 'Fortnite'. He anticipated a negative reaction, perhaps they would throw insults and call him names like—

"Oh, new to this?" Jinyoung turned towards Namjoon, who slowly nodded and had this confused look. "Yeah. Is that a... game?" He guessed, and he got Jinsang to make a sound of affirmation. "Yah, Fortnite is totally awesome. You should come to my house and try it." Jinsang grinned, making Namjoon's eyes almost sparkle and his chest light from his worries that weighed him down seconds ago. "S-sure. I'll ask my dad about it first."

The boys cheered, and Namjoon became giddy, lips blooming a smile while he continued eating his lunch. 'So this is the feeling of having friends, huh?' Namjoon thought, his legs kicking in the air as his friends continued to chatter about Fortnite and other things he realized he didn't know.

"Joonie!" The familiar voice of Namjoon's dongsaeng broke him out of his reverie, familiar arms wrapping around his neck, and Namjoon almost choked. Hoseok's body thudded against his, almost making them topple down near the school exit. Yoongi trailed behind them, a bored look on his face as he looked at his brothers sprawled on the floor.

"Hyung, how was your school?" Hoseok giggled, Yoongi flicking his forehead and sighed. "If you ask me, then I'm gonna tell you that I almost slept for four periods." Yoongi cringed, remembering that the teachers scolded him on his first day. "Teachers... They're scarier than eomma, for sure."

Namjoon clicked his tongue and about to scold his dongsaeng when he felt an unfamiliar hand clap on his shoulder. He froze and turned to see Jinsang and Jungwoo. Namjoon felt himself sigh and wave at them, greeting them goodbye since they're leaving. "See you tomorrow, Joonie." Jinsang cackled, his arm around Jungwoo's shoulder as they walked towards a black sedan parked in front of the school.

Namjoon's chest hollowed, remembering the person responsible for his embarrassment and furrowed his brows. He glared at Hoseok, whose mouth was open and eyes staring at the backs of Namjoon's newfound friends. He was about to say something mean, until their bored brother cut him off.

"Cool friends, hyung." Yoongi piped up monotonously, looking at the empty hallway as they wait for their father to fetch them.

Jin sat down with a small smile on his face, the spectacles sitting on his nose removed and put on top of the dining table while the children ate dinner almost silently.

"So," Jin began, picking up his utensils and starting to eat. "How was your first day of school?" Yoongi and Namjoon looked at each other at the same time, before Namjoon cleared his throat. "Um, it was okay. I made a few friends."

Yoongi snorted and rolled his eyes, and Namjoon turned to glare at him.

"Yeah, appa! We saw them while we were waiting for you." Hoseok chirped, scooping a spoonful of rice. "They even said to—"

"OH HAHAHAHAHA! WHAT WONDERFUL TIMES!" Namjoon shoved the spoon Hoseok was holding into his mouth, choking the energentic boy. The other's face almost turned blue, and Jin noticed this and his eyes widened in horror. "Kim Namjoon!" Jin yelled, running beside Hoseok and helped the choking boy. He pulled the eldest's hand away and almost slapped Hoseok's back hard for him to spit out the rice he was choking on.