Chapter 14: The times will change

"I'm not so sure about this..." I mutter to Violet.

"Come on...you got this I believe!" She jokes jabbing me in the ribs.

"Vi...are you being-" she cuts me off putting a finger to my lips.

"Ohh do have some faith little disciple....NOW!" She shouts and I release the arrow.

The arrow flies through the air, surprisingly further then it had previously. It slammed into the side of a unsuspecting rabbit. The rabbit, looked at me with the look of a deer caught in headlights, as the arrow passes through it. The rabbits eyes, slowly began to lose life as it collapsed.

"Fuck yea!" Vi exclaims.

I take a breath, feeling a overwhelming feeling of pride. "Do I get a reward?" I ask teasingly and she narrows her as at me with a smirk.

"Always, gotta reward a good girl for doing as she's told right?" Violet chuckles playing with my hair.

I playfully growl, "who says I'm a good girl?" I say and she kisses me.

"Ohh please Clem you would come to my beck and call anyway.." Violet makes her way over to the now dead rabbit and holds it high in the air.

"Hell you even hit the heart!" She shouts and I chuckle at her childish antics.

It's been about a month, since we became official in the greenhouse. Surprisingly no one has found out about us. Even though we basically spend most of our time past the walls, alone.

"Come on its almost time for dinner..."Violet sighs, dropping back into her usual recluse self.

"Don't seem sooo disappointed to see your best buds! Plus, we should be making more time for them. Or they will get suspicious..." I nudge her shoulder.

"You don't think I know that..." she says sulking, as she looks at the ground.

I don't exactly know why Violet is so keen on being by my side. Hell I can't step away two seconds, before someone comes and tell me she's looking for me. It's sweet in a way, but it's almost as if she's not telling me everything going on.

"Vi..."

"Come on remember people are waiting..." Violet says dodging the conversation, she's also been doing this a lot.

Just what could be going on with her?

I rush to keep up with her pace, and about a hour later we are back in sheltered walks.

"Clem!" Aj yells walking over to me and giving me a hug.

"Hey goofball, how was your day?" I ask getting on my knees.

"It was awesome!!! Tenn showed me this new game called hide and seek, you should play with us sometime!" He says excitedly, turning to Violet.

"You should too, I'm sure it would make Tenn happy!" Aj says.

Violet looks at me confused, before shrugging and giving Aj a little smile, "sure little man...I'll think about it?" She says more with a questioning tone, then a more serious one.