Chapter 18: I believe you

As we made our way into the school, Aj sprinted up to me engulfing me in a hug.

                    "Your ok!!!" He says smiling, and he tightens his hold on me.

                     "What....what took you so long..." I couldn't find the right words to say in that moment, so I just remained silent.

                        I gave him a little smile, as I brush the hair out of his face. He then trails his gaze to the group of people, who followed after me through the gate. "Who are they?" He asks.

                        Vi looks down at him, and then turns her gaze a little to the left, to avoid full eye contact. Yet, she smiles as she says, "it's..." she gets cut off though from a voice in the distance.

                          "Sophie...Minnie" Tenn steps in our of nowhere, the look on his face unreadable to him as well as us obviously not knowing how to process this.

                           I mean for the longest time he thought his sisters were gone, I could only imagine. "This...please tell me this isn't some nightmare...that you not about to disappear in a few seconds."

                            Sophie and Minerva look on the verge of tears at the sight of their brother. "There really here Tenn..." Violet finally says and that's all it takes for Tenn to launch up and tackle his sister's.

                            "I knew you couldn't be gone...not even when Brody and Marlon insisted you were dead...even then I...." He broke, as he buried his head into his sister's shoulders and they all shared cries of happiness, relief, and somehow peace.

                              "I'm glad...that not everything turns bad..." Aj says and it's then I realize that we just been staring at the scene in front of us, kneeled down like a bunch of weirdos.

                               "Uhhh what are you doing that looks uncomfortable" violet teases right next to me, as she smirks down at me as usual.

                                "What you talking about? The floor loves me ok and it looked lonely..." I say getting flustered.

                                "Mhm suuuure" she rolls her eyes at me, but for some reason in my gut I could tell she was forcing herself.

                                 She was trying to force herself into pretending everything  was the same, that nothing changed. We both know better though. Then, it didn't take long for the change to escalate.

                                 Everyone crowded around us, faces showing different kinds of emotions like Tenns did. Though Ruby didn't come back with us, and I could tell her lack of presence got to people. Like Assim he looked completely heartbroken, but he still was happy to see familiar and friendly faces.

                         They all started catching up with the twins, and even though the possibility they would betray them was on the table. It was pretty much out there that they would be going nowhere.

                          "Uhhh what should we do?" Aj asks, a sense of awkwardness filling the atmosphere around him and I.

                           "Welp we got lookout right now goofball,. What else would we do?" I ask playing dumb.

                            "I'll help you guys..." Violet offers, and as I was about to accept...

                            "Vi!!! Come on you ain't gonna leave us hanging right! I wanna know what we missed!" Minerva calls out, waving to violet and I want nothing more to bury myself six feet under.

                              "I.." I put a hand on Violets shoulder giving it a little squeeze and I say in the most supportive way, "it's ok Violet go catch up. They're really important to you."

                             "Clem..." Violet whispers surprise evident in her words.

                              I fake chuckle, "come on no big bad person can take us down...just go" I urge.

                               "Vi!!!!" This time the whole group calls out.

                   "If you sure Clem.."
                   "I am, go live a little..."

                                Vi reluctantly gives in with a defeated sigh, "fine, but promise me you and I will talk later about all this ok...It needs to be talked about"

                     I have no idea what was gonna be said and honestly that scared me. What if she left me for Minerva? What if all I ever was...was a replacement?  Then it occurred to me that Aj must have went to the lookout tower, so luckily he didn't hear Violet, or else he would have asked a lot of questions.

                     "Of course Violet. Thanks"

                   "Don't ever thank me for that, not ever..." Violet scolds and I look down like a little child who has been put in timeout.

                     Violet watches me for a moment before making her way to the group. I then rush up to Aj, before I could let my thoughts wander to far from me. 'Everything is gonna be ok...' I console myself.

                       Once I make it to the top of the lookout stand, Aj begins to talk about random things on his mind. I am glad this little bundle keeps me on my toes. "Everyone keeps calling the fire a wildfire." Aj points out to the fiery mess   in the distance.

                         "Yea we should keep a eye on that it looked like it was calming down, but you never know" I say.

                           "What's the difference though? Between this fire and any other fire?" Aj asks, "uhhh well wildfires are a lot more dangerous and bigger then regular fires. Harder to keep under control" I smile at him? "Kinda like you"

                             "Hey!" Aj says in a defensive tone and I giggle.

                             "I love you goofball" I say in a song song voice and he rests his head into my side.

                             "Love you too Clem...are we gonna be left out like this a lot from now on?" He asks.

                               "No Tenn and everyone will treat us the same as always, you'll see just they have things they all need to talk about...it's what happens when you don't see people you care about for a while." I say though it's more to me than him.

                      "As always...I believe you Clem"

Authors note: hey guys hope you enjoyed the chapter. Now tomorrow I won't be updating though it might say that I did update cause I am going to be going though, and editing the story from start to finish to make it better written. Yet, I am possible gonna post a little Au chapter in here to make up for not updating, since I have been missing a lot of days. If you want the Au tomorrow I will put it in her. If you don't tell me so I know and I will be updating the day after tomorrow as normal. Anyway make sure to give me a answer and have a great day/night! Bye!