Chapter 3: scares and a little heart to heart

Violet, Louis,Marlon,and I step out of the gate, and I close it behind me before Aj could get out. "But Clem!!" He whines and I look back at him for a second.

There was just too many and in the mix of madness, I don't know how well my new comrades can handle themselves. It was just risky and I couldn't lose him. I smile at him, " you stay here and watch my back for me, ok? Be my second pair of eyes!"

He nods solemnly, and I turn back to what I need to focus on this second. As I walk further in, I draw my knife from my right thigh pocket. I notice Violet to my left who drives a clever through a walker right between the eyes, and she kicks it back when it's dead. Smart considering a clever takes a bit of work to remove from objects, she's handling it quite well. I also notice Louis wielding 'chairiels' he is a little more sloppy with his movements, but it enough to keep him going a suppose. Lastly Marlon, he handles the bow pretty well, but he's a little to stiff.

I take a breath, they can handle themselves, I need to get back to Aj and fast. Two walkers approach me, I knock the first one down by the knees stabbing it right through the side of his skull. The blood hitting me right in the face, then I pull out quick as the other walker gets a little to close for comfort and I bury my knife into its jaw up with hits the head mark.

"Not bad! Could use some well...finesse though!" Louis shouts from my right.

I send a scoff his way, but before I can follow through I see him cut some rope. Aaaand splat! A walker gets beaten by a damn boulder. I look at him shocked, making sure to watch my back. "See! We got traps all around for these asshats!" He yells.

"Sure! Till you release one at the wrong time and it misses, then your walker food!" Violet remarks, looking at me.

I look at the trees and notice that there are indeed traps place in a least every other tree. I run toward a walker and stab it in the head making it drop to the ground. Yet, curiosity gets the better of me and I wait for the next walker to walk under a trap. "Bwaaaak!!!" A log slams the walker into a tree.

It works, but in my opinion it's a lot more unsatisfying. 'Great, now I sound like a sadist me!' I think and then for the next two walkers I stick to my roots. Knocking them down, and no matter what aim for the damn head!

"The hunting party's back!" Marlon yells and crosses a little wooden bridge," Come on let's meet them halfway!"

A walker comes out in front of me, I get that one. Yet, I don't notice one is behind me till I hear some one run up behind me.

It's Violet and she manages to split the whole head open in the walker. When the walker drops, she looks me right in the eye.

We start walking next to each other instinctively, watching out for other walkers, "you know your aren't as bad as I thought you would be" she shrugs giving me a smile.

"Thanks..." I say back a little flattered, even after my screw up.

She drops the smile and walks faster ahead, talking over her shoulder, "don't get to big now, gotta keep the walkers from reaching the school!"

"Of course!" I say back and see a walker crawling to me out the corner of my eye.

I quickly deal with it and see that one of the people I have yet to meet, seems to be getting a little cocky, not noticing a walker. I rush and get to the walker before he could get a chunk out of him.

Yet, it don't fall over and turns toward me and I try to stand my ground as I fight it off me.

A blue passes my vision, and at first I think it's my head acting up again. At that time I wish it was, I notice the walker wasn't there anymore after a minute. I see a dog take a bite out of the walker, and it looks right at me growling. I feel my lungs close up and my heart starts to race out of fear.