Chapter 5: your a pretty cool girl

As we walk into our room, Aj has good look around, looks like he's using what I taught him.

                           That's good.

               I take a deep breath and smile at him, "what you doing goofball?"

                     "Just checking to make sure we are safe..." he says smiling back, then He glances at the desk with the pink, sticker box.

                      "Clem what's all this stuff for?" He asks, tilting his head.

                      I could use a distraction," it's art supplies, looks like a artist was here before us" I say and walk over to the other desk to put my dads hat down.

                    "What a artist?" He asks and I try to find the words to explain.

                     "Someone who loves draws pictures and create things" I say.

                      "Like Tenn?!" He says excitedly and I can't help but laugh at his childish side.

                      "Yep" I nod, " like Tenn"

                       He sits down at the desk and pulls out some paper and color pencils," I like to draw too..."

                      I smile and watch him for a few minutes, until I hear our door open. I brace myself to deal with a intruder, but calm down when I notice it's Violet.

                     "Sorry...I didn't know you guys were in here..." she mumbles a little and walks fully in closing the door behind her.

                      We lock eyes for a second, and honestly I don't know why. Yet, I wanted to talk to her more. Maybe it's because I wanna know just what this girl is about or maybe it could be something else entirely. Who knows?

                     She looks to the closet, "uhhh just wanted something from the closet..." she says and walks into it.

                    I watch her, not because I believed she was gonna pull something. Just out of curiosity.

                   "Gah...where is it..." she turn and sees the box on the desk Aj is using.

                    "Ohh..."

                    "I'm sorry is it yours?" I asked feeling a little guilty for taking it if it did belong to here.

                    "No it belonged to Sophie...Tenn's sister. He wanted some more pencils, and I was gonna bring it to him." She says with a sad look on her face.

                    Scratch what I said before, now I feel like the scum of the earth.

                   "Aj..." I start, "no it's fine...honestly it's been in here for a while he can have it if he wants...I don't mind." She interjects.

                   I look at her for a second, to see how she really felt. I turned back to Aj a second later, " Aj it don't belong to you and it is most likely precious to Tenn since it belonged to his sister..."