Chapter 8: secrets and old times

Authors note: sorry guys that I didn't update yesterday. Just I had a lot going on with a birthday party, and a carnival with family, and by the time I was home it was 11 and I was to tired. Yet, here you go and I will try to make another one today in order to make it up to you guys, but don't get your hopes up and updates starting tomorrow may come out later. Because I start school back up, but this story will go on I promise, so enjoy!

   ***

            I walked back to my room, thinking over Vi and I's previous conversation. "God I'm a moron..." I sigh quietly to myself.

                 As I walk in I'm greeted by a worried looking Aj. "Are...Are we allowed to stay?" He asks.

                  That's right I was so caught up in finally figuring out what was up with me. I had forgotten, "yea...we can stay" I say and he lets out a sigh of relief.

                   Going into momma bear mode, I walk over to Aj. "Aj what you did yesterday...that was murder do you know that?" I say in a accusing tone more than a questioning one.

                     He just watches the ground, like it is the most interesting thing in the world." Aj..." I mutter.

                    "Clem I didn't know what came over me... if I'm being honest...all I knew was I wanted to protect you and I just kinda acted In so sorry."

                     "Sorry can't bring back the dead kiddo, and you just made those people lose a really close friend. Even after what he did...he put down the gun Aj." I say and I see a tear roll down his cheek.

                      I wipe it away with my finger, "until you can learn and gain your trust back. You won't be getting your gun back, you won't be going anywhere put side these walls of the school, and you will be going to come to this room early so I can teach what to do...and who not to shoot." I say and he just looks at me wide eyed.

                 "But Clem..." one look of disappointment from me though had shut him up, and he just nodded his head.

                  "Good...we start now"

                   The next morning, I wake up to someone shaking me once again. I look up to see a smirking Vi, "yo..."

                    "Vi...what are you-" I start sitting up slowly in my bed.

                     "Let me guess, you forgot about little old me today huh?" She sighs and glances over at Aj to make sure he is still asleep.

                       That's right we are suppose to go scouting today. I didn't even go to bed till late cause I was teaching Aj about scenarios and what to do in them.

                        I hop out of bed and grab my hat from off the desk next to my bed. "Well, what are we waiting for?" I look at Aj, "and what should I do with him"

                      "Don't worry about it Mitch already said he can handle him" I look at her surprised.

                       "What?" She says giving a slightly annoyed look, she must not be a morning person.

                       "Kinda figured he wasn't coming since...you know" I look away guiltily at the memory.

                        "...lets just go, I'll have Mitch come up here when we leave" Violet says walking to my door and I follow after her.