"You intend to lock me indoors until you tire of me." It was more of an observation than a question.

"You are my prisoner. Or have you forgotten so quickly that I intend to punish you for all your sins."

"And Marina's as well as the sin of those that got away."

"Precisely."

She occupied one of the seats.

"I did warn you that having sex with you isn't going to make me sweet on you."

She blushed.

"I didn't have sex with you. You simply spread my thighs and uhm, you know, just went into me."

He raised an eyebrow.

"It really doesn't matter," she continued. "I would have still given myself to you because of my love for you."

He gave a snort of disbelief. "Why did the Renegades reject you?"

"No one rejected me," she denied hotly. "I didn't give them the opportunity of seeing that I was anything but unattractive."

"And you consider yourself beautiful?" she parted her lips to say something in response but shut her mouth once more.

"You look so much like Marina but you lack her grace. You lack her sophistication and you are a midget."

"And yet that didn't stop you from taking my body."

"What did you expect? I am a widower. I have my needs and although you are a poor replacement for Marina, your body is available. Besides, at some point, I thought I was with my wife."

She had walked right into that one. "That was uncalled for."

"What? You asked for it. I am curious. You spent your entire life with randy Renegades. Why did you choose to remain a virgin? Didn't your father try to do anything about it?

He knew he had hit a tender spot when she paled visibly. She closed her eyes and took in several deep breaths. Tears flooded her eyes and, for some reason, Stefan was unable to pursue it. Perhaps, it was because he didn't want to hear the answer.

She had lost her appetite. She had thought she had left her father when she left Sergei's lair. But he was here with her through Stefan. He wouldn't let her forget. She had thought she was free but she obviously wasn't. Stefan would never understand what she had gone through.

She had been unable to stop her father's abuse even when she was old enough to fight him because he was a vampire and used his preternatural powers on her. He had abused her for so many year. Yes, he hadn't taken her virginity but he had done worse things to her. She didn't expect Stefan to understand. She was going to escape this place and start a fresh life in a place where no one knew her.

"Let me see you escape me." He said with the confidence of a man used to having his way. "Do not think for a moment that I shall give you the opportunity to reunite with your fellow Renegades."

"They probably have orders to kill me."

"Well, know this. If you so much as entertain the thought of betraying me I shall destroy you."

"Why would I want to betray my mate?"

His fierce growl was a warning that he didn't like the idea of being thought of as her true mate.

"You are a fool if you believe that I would have a creature such as yourself as a true mate. I am not that desperate. I may take your body when it suits me but you mean nothing to me. You are only a body required to attend to my needs when I have need for my wife's body."