Part 14

Marina stretched out on the bed, a fulfilled woman. She had a loving true mate and a beautiful little girl. At three, little Natasha Kadavicz was a tiny version of her father. All anyone had to do was look at her to know that she was Sergei's daughter. She had lost Stefan's baby three months after her conception. This was a good thing because she couldn't have been able to look her child in the face knowing that she was responsible for her father's death, although he deserved it.

After four years, Marina was certain that Stefan had deserved his fate. She was with Sergei just as she was destined to be and she was deliriously happy. The only problem was his sister Hilde. She didn't like Marina but Sergei had assured her that this was not the case. It was just that Hilde loved her brother a little too much.

They looked nothing alike. While Sergei was tall, dark and handsome, his sister was tall fair and beautiful. She looked like a Viking princess with her long golden hair and green eyes. They were so close that one couldn't help but wonder if they were in an incestuous relationship. But Marina trusted Sergei completely. They hunted together most of the time and he took good care of her. She was satisfied.

*******

Sergei stood alone in the centre of a deserted road. The road had been sealed off years earlier after an explosion at the nuclear plant in the town. The town had become inhabitable and had been sealed off, converted to a ghost town and taken off the map to ensure that no one trespassed. Like Chernobyl.

He scanned the area, ensuring that there were no Enforcers before communicating with his father. A fiery wind announced the presence of the father of all Renegades. Andrei Kadavicz Romanescu. He stood at an impressive height of 6"6. He was also intriguing. His violet eyes spoke of great wisdom. He had the bearing of a ruler and was the dark version of his twin. He was breathtakingly handsome and many mortals had made the mistake of allowing themselves to be drawn by his great and unusual beauty without warning themselves of the great evil in his heart.

He stretched out his arms and his son came into them. A great affection existed between father and son. Sergei was a chip off the old block. He looked more like his mother than Andrei. If this hadn't been so, Marina would have known that he was related to Stefan.

"You look good, son." Andrei said, holding him at arm's length.

"You don't look so bad yourself."

Andrei laughed. "How is mother?"

"Missing you as usual," was Andrei's response.

"I am just perfect," a feminine voice said before a beautiful woman dressed in a black tank top and black cut off jean materialized. She pulled Sergei into her embrace and held him close.

"Surely, you didn't think I was going to let your father see you alone?"

They doted on him. If anything ever happened to him, Nosferatu, Lycanthropes and mortals alike would feel Andrei's wrath. And it would take only Dumitru to stop him. The battle between the Enforcers and the Renegades still raged but on a low key, but this was because none of the Romanescu children had been killed. With Stefan simply gone, the Enforcers had doubled their efforts to get rid of the Renegades. And Sergei knew better than to kill Stefan. But Marina didn't know this.

As much as he hated his proud first cousin, Sergei couldn't kill him, at least not now. His father was building an army to take back what he considered to be his inheritance. To kill Stefan would mean disrupting his plans because he was certain that Grandfather Dumitru would take it personal. They would handle Dumitru later. He had shown favouritism by naming a younger son as his heir.