Part 34

Stefan had been in his study processing some documents when he felt the Familiar's touch. It had been light and tentative, but he had reacted immediately. He hated it when she tried to get into his head. She was a Familiar, one of Andrei's Renegades and linked to Sergei.

She had no business being in his head. He hoped she had learnt her lesson because the next time he wouldn't be so merciful. He went into her head and felt the pain as she crumbled on the ground. Her pain was intense, coupled with the headaches caused by her poor vision. She had passed out from the pain.

She was a mortal. He had almost forgotten that.

Cursing lightly, he rose to his feet. He thought of getting an aspirin from the mini clinic he had in his home, but recalled that the drugs should be expired by now. He would have to place an order for new drugs. Besides, in the state she was in, an aspirin would be of no use.

He found her on the rug, her face contorted in pain even in her unconscious state. He knelt before her and took her into his arms. He left his body and went into hers in order to ascertain the damage and repair it. He was out in less than five minutes time. He revived her. The moment she saw him, she scrambled to one corner of the room, her eyes wide in fear.

"Please don't hurt me," she begged.

"The headache is gone."

She noticed that this was true. The pressure on her temple was gone.

"Muchas Gracias." She told him not leaving her little corner where she felt safe.

"Don't thank me." He told her harshly. "Next time, I won't be so kind."

"I just wanted to know where you were."

"I don't care why you did it," he cut in rudely. "Just know that the next time you try it, you won't be so fortunate."

"I'm sorry."

"Stop apologizing." He snapped and her head drew back as though he had struck her.

He ignored her as he walked out of the room. She wanted to call him back to find out how to get down stairs but thought it wise not to do so.

"Don't think I'm going to beg you to come down to breakfast." She heard him say.

He was in her head.

"I tried to come down earlier but couldn't find my way. That's why I tried to reach you."

"Well come down."

She rose to her feet. Her head felt a lot better. She found the stair case easily this time. He was in the kitchen. On a tray on the table were toast, bacon and fresh coffee.

"Gracias." She told him.

He ignored her thanks saying; "Do not expect me to feed you on a daily basis. The refrigerator and shelves are packed with food and you are expected to make your own meals. You will be staying here until I decide otherwise. I expect you to stay away from my things and every room I do not specifically permit you to enter. I also expect you to stay out of my sight. When I have need for your body, I shall demand for it."

As though she were a cheap slut!

His eyes narrowed letting her know that he had read her mind. And she wisely decided not to pursue that trail of thought.

"What about clothes? I do not have any except the night shirt you abducted me in."

"You have no need for them. It's not like you would be going anywhere."