Part 31

Chapter 31

Stefan returned minutes later. Lorena was a Renegade. Her people had attacked his home and killed his employees. People who had lived with him most of their lives and he hadn't been there to save them. Lorena was going to be the scape goat for the Renegades and they were going to pay.

He hated her with every fibre of his being for what she had done to him. And he hated her ability to look innocent when her heart was evil. Like those of any Renegade. She was a Renegade. He was no fool. He had no doubt that she cared about him in her own way, even viewed him as some sort of messiah.

She was obsessed with him but that didn't make her any less evil in his sight. Familiars were worse than the vampire Renegades and he knew this first hand.

Lorena stood watching him, nervous. And she had every reason to be nervous.

"Why are you doing this to me?" she asked.

"Doing what? Have I harmed you in any way? Have I abused you or beaten you up?" he asked her.

"No, but I can feel your hate."

And she could feel it, scorching her skin like flames of fire.

"I hate you. What else do you expect to feel around me?" He stepped close, towering over her like a tyrannosaurus. He was about 6"6 and to her 5"3, his height was intimidating. He made her feel like a midget. She took two steps backwards, bumping into a wall.

"I haven't hurt you. Yet." He told her. "But you are so going to pay."

"I have done nothing to you."

"You think the past seven months has been a joke?" He growled, baring his fangs.

"No. I – I didn't say that." She stammered, pressing into the wall, her eyes wide with fear. "I – I gave you that poison to save you from the constant torture you were being subjected to. How was I to know the effect it would have on you?"

His eyes were burning flames and if it was possible, she would have crawled into the wall for safety.

"You pumped chemicals you had no business dealing with into my body and you have the audacity to tell me that you didn't know the effect it would have on you. You assisted you father in the lab and in the process killed some of my people. You and your father made me watch it happen, knowing that I was helpless to do anything about it. You think that doesn't make you guilty? You act all innocent but I know you for the monster you really are. And you are going to spend the rest of your miserable youth tending to my needs."

"What- what are you going to do to me?" she asked, her eyes bulging out like saucers with fear.

She could imagine a lot of things he could do to her: beat her up, rape her and kill her.

"I intend to do a lot of things to you, the last of which is death. There are many ways of dealing with a monster and death is the easiest of them all but I do not intend to make it easy on you."

"I am not a monster. Everything I did, I did out of love. For you. For my family. The Enforcers killed my madrecita and I have been paying for it all my life. My siblings were also killed. Now all I have is my father who can't get over their deaths. I have every reason to hate you and your people but I cannot hate you. You are my true mate and I love you very much. I took a big risk by trying to help you. By giving you my blood, I have declared myself an enemy of my people and I shall be haunted down like the Enforcers."

He gave her a look which said that he couldn't care less.

"Because of my love for you, I no longer have a family."