Part 11

"What happened to you?" he asked genuinely concerned.

"I am so hungry Stefan."

He ripped his shirt and slashed his chest with sharp finger nails. He lifted her head as the blood flowed. Her fangs pierced his skin and she began to bleed. Pleasure burst through his body and his body trembled with awareness. He stroked her hair as she drank for several seconds before sealing the wound. She was still hungry but not as hungry as she had been when he found her. She was still quite plain.

"Take, more," he told her. "I shall feed later."

"Later," she told him. Then she almost shocked him to the soles of his feet when she lifted her face to his and kissed him. On the lips. At first, he didn't respond and then his lips parted beneath her. She kissed him passionately. A kiss so intense that Stefan felt that his wife had finally forgiven him.

"I want this, Stefan," she told him.

"Are you sure?" he asked. "I don't want you calling me Sergei."

"I am sure. Just don't mention his name again."

Stefan drew back his head.

"He's the one who drained me. He was upset because I told him that I was going to try to make things work between us."

"You're joking, right?"

"No, I'm serious. I have been so unfair to you, Stefan." She caressed his cheek. "I held one mistake over your head even though you have been nothing but kind to me. And you have done everything in your power to make it up to me."

He couldn't believe his ears. Surely he was hearing things!

"I have forgiven you and I want- I need my husband to make love to me here and now."

That was all the invitation he needed. He lowered his face to kiss her deeply, revelling in her response to him. With a thought he undressed her and continued kissing her. He couldn't believe that she was in his arms and genuinely responding to him. If this was a dream, he never wanted to wake up from it.

She caressed his back as he kissed her. He kissed her as though his life depended on it. She moaned as he kissed the satiny softness of her throat. He kissed his way down. His tongue swept down the length of cleavage before him. She moaned softly, her back arched and her fingers tangled in his jet black hair cradling his head. He made his way down her body with little kisses and circled her navel with his tongue before continuing to kiss his way down.

"Stefan!" she moaned helplessly.

She dragged his head up and kissed him on the lips. She wrapped her legs about his waist as she received him into her body after so many months. Stefan took his time with her, so eager to please her; so eager to be the perfect lover.

He felt his fangs lengthen and forced them to retract. The only time he had fed from her, he had ended up bringing her over. He waited until she climaxed before giving in to his release.

He collapsed against her and she held his trembling body. It had never been this way between them. He lifted his head and looked into her dark brown eyes. There was no doubt that she had wanted him.

"I love you, cara," he told her. "Te quiero."

He didn't expect her to say the words back to him and she didn't. Instead she kissed him. Later, he eased himself from her body and pulled her into his arms noting that she was pale.

"You shouldn't have taken so little," he chastised her gently. "You should know by now that I would give you all my life's blood and feed later."

Hadn't Sergei told her just that?