Fight for Love: Chapter 28

Start from the beginning

My heart pounds with the realization that Trent is on our side,"What's the catch?"

"Always the one to catch on before anyone else." Trent says with a laugh,"Well, anyway, I'll send you some papers to riffle through."

"Yes,"I say,"It would be dangerous to speak of such matters here."

Trent's smile returns,"It would be,"he turns and in two long strides is standing in front of my office door,"The papers will arrive in two days time." Then he's gone just like that, striding from my office and down the hallway with that amused smirk still on his face.

I didn't even get a chance to move before my door was opened again and Levi walks in.

Knowing this has something to do with the sudden arrival of the Military Police's Sergeant, I take my seat pick up my pen and sigh,"What is it Levi?" I question.

Levi glares at me,"What did ass wagon of the year want?"

I blink in surprise at the sudden nickname,"You mean Trent?" I ask.

"No,"Levi snaps as he takes a seat and throws his arm over the back of it,"I mean cunt truck of the month."

I roll my eyes,"Yes, Trent, he was here to talk about the expedition." It wasn't hard too lie to Levi, especially since it wasn't necessary his problem.

Levi narrows his eyes,"Is that so?" I could see the suspicion shining in the Corporal's eyes and didn't bother trying to tell the truth.

"Yes that was all."

"Yeah and I shit glitter."Levi snaps,"What was he really here for?"

"I told you." I answer and tap my pen against the wood of my desk.

He sets his jaw anger rolling off of him in waves, he opens his mouth to give me another snarky remark, but the creek of door hinges interrupts him. I twist around, eyes widening at the sight before me, Sakura stumbles out of my room dressed in her uniform and clearly freshly showered. Her green eyes are still bright with fever, but her face is no longer pink and she has a lop sided smile on her face.

"Hey, guys!" She says cheerfully.

I am still shocked to see her up and moving and instantly rise to my feet,"Sakura! What are you doing up?"

Her smiles turns sheepish,"Well, I'm feeling better so I thought it would be nice for me to get up and moving."

I sigh and shake my head,"You should be resting until the fever at least breaks."

"Your concern is very appreciated Mr. Smith." She says with a large grin,"But I can't just lay around all day." She walks toward me and stands up on her tip toes to graze her lips against mine before pulling away,"I promise you I'll take it easy, okay?"

She doesn't wait for a reply, instead she walks away shoots me a small smile and closes the door behind her,"Goddammit Erwin," Levi sneers with a roll of his eyes,"You're like a fucking teenager around her."

"Isn't that a good thing?"

"For you it might be, but for me it's down right disgusting."

I smile and reclaim my seat behind my desk,"Yeah," I twirl my pen around my fingers,"Will you keep an eye on her?"

"As always." Levi mutters before standing up and departing from my office.

-Sakura's POV-

I stand at the top of the HQ's steps watching my fellow soldiers from my perch, I fold my arms over my chest and sigh, leaning back against the stone. My mind kept going over what I heard when I woke up the first time; what was it that Erwin wanted to ask me? And, how far away is soon for him? It was really perplexing for me and I've always been the curious type; I huff and puff out my cheeks, I hated not knowing, but I knew I had to not know until Erwin asked.