Boundaries

...hey, apologies for a one month break. These stories usually take a bit more time because they're longer than a regular novel chapter. Also, I got another request for a Warriors short story, which I promise I will get to ASAP (next week presumably). If you want some more stories revolving around characters from my Warrior fics, don't hesitate to request! I have a planned set of stories, but I'm always happy to throw more in.

THIS STORY'S SYNOPSIS: This story centers on Whiteclaw, the son of Cloudstar of SnowClan, and Cloverstar, the leader of FoxClan.  Please enjoy, and hopefully there won't be as long of a hiatus next time around. This story will probably also be given another part in the future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The news of FoxClan's revival had spread joyfully throughout SnowClan. While the clans of the forest were sworn enemies, they had also collaborated against evils before, and after the devastating tragedy of FoxClan's destruction by the twolegs, it was satisfying to know they were back on their feet again.

"Who is the new leader?" Whiteclaw asked his father in the morning. Unlike his two ginger brothers, Whiteclaw was the one who closely resembled his father. The two would most likely be mistaken for each other if Cloudstar was not already showing the visible signs of old age.

"Cloverstar," he answered. "I briefly visited their territory earlier in the day. She's younger...than me anyway, but I understand she has a litter of kits that are already grown. Her mother was Sunstar, so I think she will do well."

Whiteclaw nodded. He enjoyed these simple talks with his father in the morning. He knew too well that Cloudstar only had so many lives left, and since his parents had kits later in life, he knew Cloudstar would not remain in his life forever.

"Can I come to the gathering tonight?" he wondered.

Cloudstar nodded. "Yes. I'll make an announcement later." And with that, the white tom walked away.

That night, Whiteclaw gathered with his fellow clanmates under a breathtaking full moon. His eyes peered toward the smaller clan gathering in the corner, near the thick bushes. FoxClan was a lot smaller than he remembered.

"They really took some losses," his brother, Sparrowslash, remarked next to him.

Whiteclaw nodded, his eyes falling toward the slim she-cat with a silvery pelt who led them.

That must be Cloverstar, he realized. For one who was a bit older than him, she didn't look like it. 

"What are you staring at?" Sparrowslash asked.

"Nothing," Whiteclaw replied, becoming hush as the clans began to speak.

The gathering itself was boring, even with the emergence of FoxClan again. Whiteclaw wondered to himself why he had even bothered to attend when his eyes fell on Cloverstar again. Her eyes were the brightest green. He was stunned for a moment.

Sparrowslash's ginger tail waved in his face.

"Hey, we're leaving!" he reminded him.

"Oh, right," Whiteclaw murmured as he spun around. For some reason, Cloverstar's image was etched into his mind.

...

The air was already beginning to cool as leaf-fall approached. Whiteclaw lay on his back and felt the wind brush against his light fur. It was easy to feel calm at a time like this, though he knew that life was not all well for SnowClan.

MoonClan had returned, a vicious clan that had struck SnowClan when Cloudstar had only been a new warrior. Whiteclaw knew they would succeed though. FoxClan had already agreed to join in the fight, as had the neighboring clan, NightClan, which had not existed during MoonClan's first reign.