Parting Ways

Ha...guess who doesn't want to write this one at all because it physically pains me as an author. This is the last Dovewing/Cloudstar story. It's, um, well not a fun one as you can see by the title. Thanks to everyone who has followed their story thus far. Multiple POV chapter. I included Blueocean and Pinethorn because Pinethorn was close with Dovewing since Applewhisker and Dovewing were close. If you wanted to know more about Blueocean and Pinethorn btw, there's a separate story about them called "The Lie."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cloudstar awoke in the morning with a heavy weight on his chest. He knew from the start that he would not enjoy the day. The morning seemed lovely, but he felt that something was coming.

"MoonClan cats! Spotted in the meadow!" Thornfrost, his deputy, shouted as he ran into the leader den.

Cloudstar let out a sigh, knowing it was coming. He had survived the first MoonClan battle, but he wasn't sure about this one. He still had multiple lives left, yet he feared for the safety of his warriors.

This battle seemed bigger and more dangerous than the first, and the leader, Hazelstar, was especially cruel. He only hoped that by joining with FoxClan and NightClan, there would be some success.

"MOONCLAN IN THE MEADOW FOR BATTLE!" Whiteclaw yowled. 

"EVERYONE, WE MUST FIGHT!" Cloudstar shouted.

Leafkit was glancing around confused, and he watched as Dovewing scooped up the kit by the scruff and brought her to the nursery.

"Queens, kits, and elders stay. But I'll need every medicine cat, apprentice, and warrior," he said. He made eye contact with Dovewing one last time. She dipped her head, as if wishing him good luck, and he lead the cats into the meadow.

Dovewing kept Leafkit close as the she-cat looked on from the nursery. In the distance was the faint sound of the cries of cats.

Dovewing had decided to remain with the kitten, not wanting to leave her all alone in the nursery.

She looked onward, praying to StarClan that Cloudstar would remain safe.

"I might just be...a little scared," Leafkit mewed.

"Everything will be fine, honey," Dovewing said, though her voice caught in her throat. For some reason, she had pictured Cloudstar sprawled on the ground with blank blue eyes that she had always known to be lively and vibrant.

All seemed peaceful when suddenly yowls came from outside camp. MoonClan was invading!

A few elders ran off to protect the nursery while others stayed to fight. Dovewing watched as her fellow elder, Cottonnose, stood guard outside the nursery, hissing and growling while MoonClan cats invaded.

"No! You can't invade!" Snowtail, his mate shouted.

Dovewing watched as shock as the she-cat's throat was slit in an instant.

The ginger cat's heart race quickened as the battle raged on. Leafkit scampered forward to see, only to take a step back as the smell of blood filled the air.

Dovewing pushed Leafkit to the further corner of the den. "Don't you move a whisker," she commanded the kit.

Without turning back to see Leafkit's response, she crawled out of the nursery and stood strong against the entrance, not leeting a soul go in.

Cats launched at Dovewing, and suddenly, a large tom pinned her down. Dovewing struggled, but she admitted she was weaker than she had been, and she couldn't get him off.