...Chapter 9...

Ladley's POV

     "Where the fuck did you learn to punch like that?"

     "I asked you first Karters," I growled.

He stood up from his sprawled position on the ground, brushing himself off.

     "I don't owe you an answer."

     "I guess I don't either." I appeared cool on the outside but on the inside I was fuming and it was getting hard to conceal.

     Thanks anger issues.

     He seemed kinda pissed with my answer.

     "Uh, yeah you do. You punched me in the face two fucking times." He narrowed his eyes.

     I mean, he did kind of have a point but there was no way I'm giving him an answer before he gives me an answer.

     And no, I'm not stubborn.

     "I'm not the one who tried to start a fucking conversation, and if we're being clear, I gave you a hook to the face and a jab to the stomach." He seemed slightly taken aback by the words I just spat, making me smirk.

     "Um, uh well, I just needed to tell you that you got the job," He spluttered.

     "What?" I furrowed my brow, crossed my arms, and threw all my weight on to one side.

     "Ugh shit." Noah ran a hand through his hair and looked oddly frustrated for a guy who just needed to get a few words out in some form of an explanation. "Look, you applied for a job at Mi Casa right?"

     "Uh yeah. What does that have to do with you? Or this encounter?" He quickly glanced left and right, grabbed my arm, and dragged me over to the very back of the parking lot.

     "Dude what the fuck?!" I yelled at him.

     "Could you just shut up for five seconds and not ask questions?" He glared at me.

     "Um, if you give me a goddamn explanation then maybe I'll think about it okay?" I spat back.

     "Do you have a ride home?" He asked, his whole demeanor changing back into one of what seems like genuine curiosity.

     "No, I was gonna walk," I responded, quite confused and so lost I couldn't even spit back one of my ever-so-clever sarcastic comments.

     "Okay, get in my truck."

     "What the actual fuck Karters."

     "Look Ciders, can you just not be stubborn or sarcastic or annoying and just get in the truck please?" He was practically begging me at this point just to get in the old, beat-up, sad looking truck in front of me.

     One, why the fuck does a rich kid like Noah Karters have a super beat-up old pick-up?

     Two, if you really thought I was gonna be a nice, sweet, good girl and get in the truck, you are so wrong.

     Instead, I go with this:

     "I am not stubborn." He's gonna blow.

     "Okay Ciders, I have a little sister that I need to pick up. And I will explain everything on the way, so could you please just cooperate?"

     Bad boy cares for his little sister.

     Or his father is gonna kick his ass if he doesn't get his little girl home.