Baekhyun then frowned, "don't tell me you can't even remember it's your birthday."

"Really?? I really thought it was next week or something.."

"Huh, jinja??" Taehyung didn't look like he even believed me.

"But... How did you know it's my birthday?? I didn't know it was my birthday."

Baekhyun put his hands on Taehyung's shoulders, "Well, this buddy over here can find out everything."

"The present, Baek!!" Taehyung almost shouted excitedly.

"Oh, yeah, yeah." He then took out a small silvery colored box. It had a beautifully decorated notebook inside. "I made this for you," Taehyung smiled proudly at himself. And I smiled back, almost in tears for how much they cared.

"I hope you like it," he said.

"I love it," I answered happily.

And then there was a smaller box similar to the first one. Baekhyun handed it to me,"open it."

Once I opened it, I found a beautiful silver necklace with a purple gemstone inside.

I gasped at its beauty, as if it was made just for my taste

"The amethyst gemstone will hopefully protect you whenever you wear this necklace." Baekhyun rubbed the back of his head.

The tears I've been holding for so long finally fell. And I hugged Baekhyun so tightly. "Thank you.. A lot."

He was obviously stunned, but he hugged me back softly, letting me enjoy his embrace while poor Taehyung stood there awkwardly, the bell of the first class already ringing.

________________________________

One of the hardest things I've ever done so far was to convince Taehyung that I really didn't want to have a birthday party, even though he said he and Taehyung would help me. But I didn't like loud and crowded places that much. And besides, people wouldn't like me playing music for Mozart.

My house felt calm as usual once I entered it. A maid came and greeted me, taking my coat and I sadly took off my shoes; my parents were too busy tonight even to at least spend their daughter's birthday with her.

But I yelped when my phone suddenly vibrated, giving me a notification. I opened it, finding a message from Yoongi. My heart paced as I opened it.

Yoongi: No class for today. Im busy as fuvk..

Disappointment felt like a crack in my heart, although I wasn't even surprised. Maybe I'll just go watch a movie or something.

I entered my room and lay on my bed. But then my phone rang. I looked at the screen and read: Appa. I picked it up.

"Hey, honey. How are you? "

"Fine, dad. How are you doing? Are you coming home?" I said with excitement.

"No, sweetie. I'm calling to tell you we're very busy tonight but we're about to make a great deal with the Park company. I'm sure it will be done and we'll go out to celebrate after that."

"Oh," I said. "You mean, we won't be celebrating for any other reason?"

"No, honey. We're really busy. But I promise you, I'll try my best to come to your school Christmas party."

I sniffed now, feeling forgotten in this world by my own parents. I ended the call. And I broke into tears.

I made a phone call and he answered.

"Hello, (Y/N)?"

"Baekhyun? Can we.. Go out or something? Please..."

________________________________

"Are you calmer, now?"

I nodded as I held my coffee cup, but still sniffed.

"Geez, (Y/N), we're friends. I thought you could tell me all you wanted." Baekhyun sipped his coffee. "From now on, don't keep anything bothersome in your heart. Okay?"

I nodded again.

He gave me a sad smile. "Now do you feel better?"

"Yes.."

"Wait, where's your necklace?"

I took it out of my purse, handing it to Baekhyun. He took it and stood. Then he walked behind me and lifted my hair off my neck to put on the necklace. And I held my breath for some reason.

"You should keep this on to make you always positive and safe. I want to protect you, even when I'm not there.." The words seemed to slip out of his mouth with his dreamy eyes staring at my figure as he sat in front of me again.

What was happening to my heart???