A Mishap, And A Surprise

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Part Twelve - A Mishap, And A Surprise <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Carlotta stared at his angry face, paling slightly, but fortunately for her, her olive skin didn't show it. She tilted her head downwards, and saw there was a person underneath her, groaning quietly.

The fear turning to embarrassment, she hastily got up, and brushed herself off.

"Well?" Trey demanded, hands on his hips.

"Well, what?" Carlotta echoed, confused.

"Help my friend up! Are you stupid or something?"

Carlotta was about to open her mouth and say, "I think you're the stupid one," but she thought better of it. Instead, she turned to the person, who was still on the ground, and offered her hand.

The guy, as that was he was, looked at her, and accepted the hand. He stood up, and Carlotta's hand flew to her mouth as she realised who she had knocked over.

There was Drew Hassal, the star striker for Hillingdon Highschool's soccer team, the Hillingdon Red Stags.

"What happened?" He said blearily, running a hand over his long fringe.

"I'll tell you what happened," Trey cried. "This idiot of a girl wasn't looking where she was going, and knocked you over!"

"Idiot of a girl?" Carlotta said, her fists clenched. "I'll show tu who is a idiot!"

"Heh, you wanna fight me, do you?" Trey asked, a sly grin on his face. "Well go on, I dare you!"

"Fine!"

With that, Carlotta ran at him, her fist outstretched. Trey turned pale, rooted to the spot. She was just about to slam her fist into his face, when a hand grabbed her shoulder, stopping her in her tracks.

Time seemed to stand still for a few moments, no-one moved.

Finally, Carlotta slumped, defeated, and Trey let out a sigh of relief, his confidence returning. She turned to the owner of the arm, and it was Drew.

He looked at her awkwardly, Carlotta's gaze boring into him.

"Can you please let me go?"

"Of course." Drew said, and released her.

"Thanks for saving my neck, mate." Trey said, clapping Drew on the back. "She's a feisty one, isn't she."

Carlotta gave him a look that would have paled even the bravest of people, but Trey remained indifferent.

So, it was a shock for her when Drew pushed Trey's arm off his back and said, "No, I wasn't trying to save your neck. I was trying to save hers."

"What?" Trey and Carlotta cried.

"Well," Drew began, shrugging his shoulders. "Who wants to get in trouble? If she had taken you out, she would've got detention."

"She deserves it!"

"Ay, I have a name!" Carlotta cried, rolling her eyes.

"What is your name?" Drew asked.

"Carlotta."

"Well, I'm Drew Hassal."

"I know who you are."

"Shame, but everyone seems to here." He shrugged, and offered his hand for Carlotta to shake.

"Ack, I'm done here!" Trey said, and huffed. "Drew, are you coming or what?"

"Yes, I'll meet you at class."

He rolled his eyes, and stalked off.

(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)

Drew breathed a sigh of relief, and turned back to Carlotta.

"Ack, I thought he'd never leave."

"En serio?" Carlotta said, raising her eyebrows. "Do you not like him?"

"Huh, he's alright." Drew said, scuffing the ground with his feet. "I just don't like the way he treats people."

"Really? Why do you not tell him this?"

"I don't know, I've never thought of telling him."

"You must, he is very mean to my friends."

"Your friends?" He asked, his eyes widening. "Who are they?"

"Do you know Isaac? Captain of the soccer team?"

"Of course I do. Great guy, Isaac." Drew replied, smiling.

"His friends, Ariki and Kelly, he is mean to them, lots."

"Wait, do you mean Ariki, the guy with the green pendant, and Kelly, the dark-skinned Scottish guy?"

Carlotta winced at this. Not many people knew about Kelly's identity, with good reason. Who knows how much teasing Kelly would get if people knew. So, she swallowed her nervousness and replied.

"Si, er I mean, yes, those two."

"Right, sorry that that's happening to them, he can be an idiot some times."

"Ay, I know that very well." She sighed and looked down at the ground.

He laughed, and she looked up, and gave a slight smile.

Just then, the bell that sounded every morning, to signify there was 10 minutes until class time, rung out loudly.

"Oh, looks like I have to run, otherwise my friends will have a fit." Drew smiled apologetically, and Carlotta nodded, and started to walk off.

"Hey!"

"Yes?" Carlotta asked, turning around.

"See you around, yeah?"

"Yes. See you."

She raised a hand in farewell, and walked off.

Drew watched her go, the slightest trace of a smile on his face.