Acceptance

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Part Six - Acceptance <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Carlotta stood in her room, cleaning up and doing some last minute adjusting to her room. She was wearing one of her favourite band t-shirts, Los Angles Azules, a musical group from Mexico, and black baggy pants, her black hair piled on top of her head.

"Carina!" Her Papa called out. "Tus amigos are here!"

"Gracias, Papa!" She called back, and ran down the hallway, towards the door. Her Papa had gone, leaving her to open the door.

She opened the door, and there was Sophie, wearing her camo hoodie, and her usual grin.

"Hola, Sophie."

"Hey, Carlotta. Permission to enter?"

"Si, come in."

Sophie grinned again, and stepped in the door. She went to take her black high-tops off, but Carlotta stopped her.

"No need, Sophie. You can wear shoes here."

She looked surprised, but left her shoes on her feet.

"Come to the kitchen." Carlotta said, beckoning her with a finger. "I will get you something to eat."

(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)

"Wow, this tortilla is great!" Sophie said, putting the egg and potato concoction in her mouth. "Your parents really know how to cook."

Carlotta smiled, she loved it when her friends appreciated her parent's cooking. She was just about to say something, when a trilling sound cut her off.

"Ay, the door!" She said. "Someone is here. Sophie, stay here. I get the door."

She sped out of the kitchen, leaving Sophie to eat her delicious Tortilla.

(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)

Flinging the door open, it didn't take Carlotta long to work out who it was. There was Halley, standing at the door, smiling. Carlotta was just about to invite her in, when something made her stop.

"Halley!" She cried. "You are wearing a dress!"

"Yeah, I know." Halley said shyly, playing with the hem of her dress. "Does it look okay?"

"Okay? Tu look muy bonita, er beautiful, I mean."

Indeed she was. She was wearing an ankle length dress with a long slit up the side, exposing her legs. It was a riot of colour, covered in a scene of the rainforest. She had slim black leggings underneath, and a cropped denim jacket over the dress, and on her feet, a pair of ankle boots. A shy smile was lighting up her entire face.

"Thank you." Halley blushed slightly, at the weight of the compliment.

"Anyway," Carlotta said. "Did you bring your violin?"

"Yes, I did, like you wanted." She pointed to the black case slung over her shoulder.

"Bien." Carlotta said, smiling. "Come in."

With that, Halley followed her into the house.

(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)

She led Halley into the house, and Halley said, "Hey, nice pad you've got here."

"Pad?" Carlotta asked, confused.

"Oh, sorry." Halley said, grinning. "Pad means house."

"Ay. Right, thank you."

They arrived in the kitchen, where Sophie was still scoffing down the tortilla. At the sound of them entering, she looked up, and her mouth dropped open.

(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)

"Halley!" She cried, hardly daring to believe it.

"Who is the gorgeous chick and what have you done with Halley?" She said, grinning. "Halley, you look great."

"Thanks, Sophie." Halley said. "Thank goodness you guys accept me for who I am, otherwise I'd never be able to dress like this."

"Well, I'm glad you do, because boy, do you have bonza sense of fashion."

"Si, I agree, too." Carlotta said. "I-"

Ttrriiiinnngg!

"Ay, cielos, the door!" Carlotta cried for the second time that afternoon. "One moment."

With that, she skidded round the kitchen door, heading to the door.

"I wonder who the mystery person is?" Sophie wondered, and moments later, she got her answer.

(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)(-)-(-)

"Bloody hell, it's Jaleela!" Sophie cried, a huge grin on her face.

Jaleela, it was, smiling all over her smooth olive face. "Hello everyone, it's nice to see you all."

Sophie walked over to the girl, and gave her a big hug. "Heck, it's bonza to see you!"

"Ah, Sophie, the last time you saw me was only a few days ago. Surely it hasn't felt that long since I last saw you." Jaleela said, a smile playing on her lips.

"But it has!" Sophie said, grinning.

That was when Jaleela turned her head, and faced Halley for the first time. Halley's heart caught in her throat as she realised how beautiful Jaleela was.

"Hello." Jaleela said. "What's your name?"

"Hey, I'm Halley, it's nice to meet you, Jaleela." She smiled, confident on the outside, but her insides were a gooey mess.

"A pleasure, Halley. Oh, and I love your outfit, it's very stylish."

"Really?" Halley asked, her face on fire. "What is it with you all, I walk into the place and you all start throwing these comments at me!"

Carlotta grinned, and said, "Ay, maybe I must warn you first. My friends, they love to give compliments."

"You don't say." Halley muttered, but inside her heart was soaring. Oh, how wonderful it was to be accepted.