Vampires Know How to Party

I arrived at the Grill, thankfully on my day off, with the party in full swing. Luckily Stefan and Lexi were there playing pool. I walked up to them, "Hey, glad I caught you. Happy Birthday, Stefan. And Happy New Friendship, Lexi." I handed them their respective boxes and they both opened them. 

Stefan was first, pulling out his new tie, "A tie?"

"Well I didn't have a lot of time and with all the parties Mystic Falls had, I figured you'd need it. Do you not like it?"

"No, I love it. Thanks Miss Fell." 

He gave me a side hug and Lexi pulled out her scarf, wrapping it around her neck, "How do I look?"

Stefan smirked, "Good."

I agreed, "Yeah, but it doesn't go with her outfit. "

She smirked, "Don't worry, I've got several outfits this could go with. Thanks Tabby."

She gave me a bear hug and I grunted, "Easy Lexi, I'm only human."

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you."

"Oh you didn't, my back remains intact."

She then smirked, grabbing mine and Stefan's hands, "Come on, let's go dance."

I chuckled, letting her drag me out onto the dance floor. I hadn't been able to let loose in a while so it was nice dancing with the two vampires. After a bit, Lexi complained to Stefan, "Okay I am going to need a little bit more foot movement."

"Yeah, not really interested in making a fool of myself."

I scoffed, "Oh please, you are the best dancer I've ever had the pleasure of being my partner."

"You remember that?"

"I remember everything. Bonnie's grandmother deep fried any remains of Damon's compulsion from my mind."

"Alright just do me a favor and warn me if you see Damon with his camera phone."

I nodded, "Gotcha."

I continued dancing and spotted Damon walk away from Caroline angry. I grabbed Lexi, "Hey, I'll be right back."

I walked over to Caroline and took her shoulder, "Hey great party Care." I noticed the sadness on her face, "Caroline, what happened?"

"Damon, I threw this party for him and he called me stupid and shallow."

I hugged her, "Caroline, hey. You are not stupid or shallow. Damon's the one who's stupid and shallow."

She sniffled, wrapping her arms around me and burying her head in my shoulder, "He called me useless just because I couldn't get a stupid necklace away from Bonnie."

I frowned, but shrugged it off, looking Caroline directly in the eyes, "If a guy asks you to steal from your friends then he's not a guy worth having. I dumped him because he asked me to do all sorts of things that I wasn't comfortable with. He's a useless, waste of space; not you." I fixed her hair, "Now you threw an awesome party. Enjoy it a little."

I walked back over to Lexi and Stefan only to see Caroline yelling at Bonnie. I stared sadly at the scene until Lexi handed me a pool stick, "Want to join us?"

I shook my head, "Naw, this is your time with Stefan, don't let me intrude."

"No, I want you to join in. You seem like you need a distraction."

I looked at Stefan who smiled, "Don't make me use my birthday boy powers on you. Anything that's going on can be fixed tomorrow. Come on, I'll let you break."