Dinner Parties

I was freaking out, I had tried to get a hold of Caroline all day and no dice. Apparently neither could Bonnie and I was actually starting to get worried. Even Elena hadn't seen her. 

I couldn't even enjoy History class with Mr. Tanner as Stefan proved that he knew more about history than my pompous teacher.

I couldn't even focus at my job until Bonnie texted me saying that Caroline was dropped off at cheerleading practice by Stefan's older brother, Damon. I was glad to hear she was okay, but now I was just angry that she blew me off for some older guy, which clearly spelled danger.

Bonnie also begged me to come to a dinner party Elena was hosting to get her closer to Stefan. Bonnie had a bad feeling about him, so I promised her that I would be there if only to make her feel better.

I changed out of Vicki's clothes at home and dropped them off at her house before heading to dinner. The girls cooked the food while I set the table. It was all going great until Stefan arrived and Bonnie closed up. However the conversation got better after Stefan wooed her over with the comments of the Salem witches as being 'heroic examples of individuality and nonconformity.'

He then turned to me, "What about you, Miss Fell? You're my locker neighbor, but I still know nothing about you."

I smiled, "Well you already know that I have a six-year-old kid and want to raise enough money by graduation to buy a house to raise him in. What else do you want to know?"

"What are some of your hobbies? Favorite color? Favorite animal?"

I chuckled, "Um, I want to be a designer when I graduate and have always had a passion for sewing. This year I'm practically making half the homecoming dresses as well as my own. And as for color and animal; I'd have to say blue and butterfly."

Suddenly the doorbell rang and I stood up, "I got it, Elena."

However when I opened the door, I immediately went to slam it again. Elena called, "Tabs, who was that?"

I answered her practically yelling, so that Caroline could hear me from outside, "Oh just my ex-best friend who decided to abandon me this morning!"

To which Caroline shouted back, "Oh come on Tabs! Open the door! I'm sorry!"

I looked at the three as they came in and I looked at Elena, "You can let her in, but I make no promises to be cordial."

I stomped into the living room and sat down on the couch. Everyone eventually joined me as Caroline handed me a piece of dessert, "Please forgive me?"

I looked up at her, "You really think that after all the years we've been friends that I'd be bought with dessert?"

Suddenly my phone rang and I smiled, "I gotta take this, Elena do you mind if I use your bathroom?"

"Yeah, no problem. Tell Clark 'hi' for me."

I smiled, running into the bathroom, "Thanks Elena." I locked the door behind me, pressing the answer button, "Hi baby."

"Hi mommy!"

"How was your first week of school?"

"It was great mommy! I made some new friends and Grammie said she'd sign me up for soccer!"

I smiled, "Wow, honey! That's great!"

"How was your first week of school mommy?"

"I had a good first week to baby and mommy made a new friend too."

"Really?"

"Yep, his name is Stefan and he's new to town and gets along really well with Auntie Elena and Auntie Bonnie."