9|Me? A Stalker? Maybe.

vote | comment | follow

"Let me take you out."

The words echoed in all the corners of her mind for the millionth time. Ameena was loosing her patience, her grip on the tray was becoming tighter and it took all her willpower not to smack his face into next week, she kept her pace while he followed her closely.

"Come on Ameena," He pressed on, "why you ain't talking to me?"

Ameena dodged another waitress and a table, keeping the plastic smile on her face while clenching on to her tray.

The little shit was still behind her like a shadow.

Ameena gritted her teeth through smiling, and kept changing her mantra internally, 'Good restaurant, Good Pay, Just keep smiling,' she repeated the end, singing like Dory, it had been hours but felt like days with his nagging. Her shift ended in five minutes, and she couldn't wait to get the hell away from him. Her annoyance was at it's peak.

The store, yes, her last stop before becoming a vegetable out on her carpet that she made sure to clean and vacuum before leaving hours earlier.

Her fridge was stocked with nothing she found appealing to eat, mostly Ron's, mostly no.

She craved wine... and chips, definitely chips, maybe the salty or tangy tomato flavors. Buy some frozen salad packaging that she'd never look at as soon as it touches her fridge but will disappear when Ron, the vegetable inhaler, appeared at her house. Chocolate chip flavored ice cream, whipped cream, some strawberries and maybe a bit more mozzarella cheese and yes, how could she forget the win-

Ameena jumped out of her thoughts as soon as a hand touched her shoulder, she was midway into elbowing the owner of said hand in their face when her eyes met his, she scowled.

"Fuck off Todd," she whirled around and pushed through the large swing door hoping it flew back and smashed his face in.

"Baby," he stretched, "you haven't even given me a chance."

Ameena felt her eye twitch. This black haired bitch.

"First of all, don't call me baby, second, I distinctly remember telling you to fuck off a while ago, I'm sure the supervisor wouldn't be pleased with you trying to pick up girls on work hour." They went though stream, counters and a hoard of chefs that barely spared them a glance. Ameena neatly aligned her tray with the others before walking.

He scoffed, "Nah, She'd do anything for another night with me," he waved his arm dismissively beside her, "like, haven't you seen all of this?"

"Unfortunately," Ameena rolled her eyes, they left the busy area of the kitchen just as soon as another waiter rolled a trolley with a much larger course of meal on its elevated stands. Ameena hated rolling those with a passion, she loved the small handheld tray, she stuck to small orders like a life force when possible.

They were in the hallway leading to their lockers where they kept their things with a backdoor there for them to leave and enter without passing through the front.

Ameena was planning to move like her ass was on fire.

As soon as she stepped in, she was greeted by the sound of her other coworkers. Some were just coming in, some leaving, this system worked well for such a business. Tasteful delights was a blend of cafe and a classy restaurant, it was only a restaurant at first, that was before the CEO of TD Branches decided that their most influential and many other customers were most likely to be drawn to a casual yet classy restaurant where their kids could order burgers and fries and chocolate smoothies while they sipped on their nonalcoholic champagne and enjoyed a buttered steak or burger.