7|Honesty Isn't The Best Policy

vote | comment | follow

"Ameena!" A male voice cautiously called out, "Open up it's the police!"

Time seemed to freeze between the both of them, Ameena slowly turned her face away from the door looking up at Alex's void one. His face was blank, intense eyes locked with hers.

Alex didn't shift his weight from on top of her. Instead, he waited, watching as her throat bobbed up and down nervously.

He knew what she was going to do before she did it.

Slamming his palm over her open mouth, he pressed down hard muffling her screams as she wriggled violently beneath him. Alex locked his knees around her waist, holding both her hands in his grip pinning them above her head.

He waited patiently as she fought in vain beneath him until her breaths came out in short ragged gasps, chest rising and falling rapidly. She was exhausted, beads of sweat shining on her forehead and upper lip.

"Miss Willson!" The male's voice called out as the doorknob twisted. If she didn't answer in a few minutes, he was going to kick the door down.

Alex looked up at the door working his jaw, contemplating what to do. He exhaled, "Pretend that nothing's wrong." His piercing green eyes captured her furious glare, "Can you do that?"

Ameena never responded, her glare unwavering.

Alex sighed pursing his lips into a thin line, "Listen, Aimee, if you don't lie and get him to believe you, I'm going to have to shoot him."

She only huffed into the palm of his hand.

"Aimee," He began warningly removing a silencer from his pant pocket and rolling it on to his personal handgun. Her heart lurched at the sight of the polished gun in his hand, the holster was longer having been attached to a suppressor. The thought of her fighting him the whole time, oblivious to the fact that a gun was tucked into his back nearly paralyzed her with fear.

She swallowed the dry lump that had formed in her throat and hesitantly met his hardened gaze. 

A silent agreement passed between them as Alex slowly pulled his hand away before extracting his body from on top of her. Pushing himself to his feet, Alex held his hand out towards her but she brushed it off and stood on her own.

He didn't miss the way her movements were stiff and anxious, eyes fearfully darting beside him and the gun in his hand. 

"I won't hurt you." He answered her silent question honestly, but even that didn't remove the tensed state of her shoulder. Ameena nodded stiffly and began walking towards the door while buttoning the buttons that flew open during their make-out/wrestle moment and smoothing down the creases on her pants. Although, it didn't help much for her current state.

 Alex silently padded behind her feeling the anger directed at himself, bubbling up his chest from her reaction. He shouldn't be the person she fears. Fucking hell, he should be the one she should run to instead. Her protection. Her shelter.

Yeah well you had that chance a few years ago dickward. And you chose to leave her.

Tucking away his anger, Alex exhaled through his nose sharply and leaned on the wall making sure his body was aligned to it, away from sight. When Ameena reached the door, hand poised over the doorknob, she glanced back at Alex but away just as fast.

Alex inched closer to the door until he was practically standing behind it as she began opening the door. 

Instantly, a friendly smile graced Ameena's face. Alex didn't hear her greeting the police as he was too busy admiring the profile of her face. The way the happy lines on the corners of her eyes creased and her chocolate eyes brightened. Her perfect lips curving up into a warm smile, to anyone it would have looked like a genuine smile. Alex knew better.