*NEW* XXVII - A Touch of Merriment

Seven Months Later

7 May 1835

It was dangerous for Eli to be at home right now. Ever since moving into the new manor in Banemount, it had been solidified that it was his home, Jasper's home, as well as Lady Darcy's and Juliette's , but that couldn't necessarily be said in front of other people, especially those who thought him to be dead. Since he'd been scheduled for execution the year before, someone like Ronald Lancechester would immediately demand why on earth he wasn't dead. Although this was an evening Eli would very much like to spend with the person he loved, they'd come to an agreement that perhaps stepping out for a couple of hours was safest for them.

It was Jasper's eighteenth birthday today, and as celebration for such an occasion, the Master had planned a little gathering at his home. There would be family, guests, entertainment, music, everything that would assist in turning the night into one of merriment, but Jasper's birthday wasn't the sole purpose of all the functions taking place. Tonight was the night Jasper Lancechester decided he'd take his revenge against his cousin (by marriage) Edmund. What could be a better present?

So, while a hint of vengeance was taking place back home, Eli was on his way to a friend's to spend some time there. Just outside of Banemount, Eli brought the horse he was upon to a halt in front of a small english cottage. It was one story high, made up of brown stones, had a steep slanted roof, and a dark blue door with large windows on either side. It was a nice comfortable place to live, had a fair amount of land to garden, a stable for animals, and a well out in the rear.

Hopping down from the horse, Eli opened the gate sheltering the property from the trees surrounding it and let himself in before closing it behind him. He walked his horse by the reigns before releasing him to roam about.

When he approached the door, Eli knocked a couple times and waited a moment until it was opened.

After a second, the blue door opened with a whine and Silas Rosenkrantz stepped into frame. He looked a lot better than he had when he first entered Eli's life again. Before, he was too skinny with not much meat on his bones, but now he looked...healthy. His white skin was tanned from the sun now, his cheeks made his face look a bit more round, and his black hair had even gotten longer. With his hair tied up in a knot, Silas was dressed in tan trousers and a white button down shirt, brown boots, and his leaf green vest was open at the front. "Not that I don't want to see you," Silas said, adjusting his glasses on his nose, "but what brings you here?"

Eli smirked and crossed his arms, leaning up against the threshold. "Are you going to let me in or shall I stand here all evening? For now, at least, I've got nowhere else to go."

Silas glanced over his shoulder momentarily before finally stepping aside.

Not far behind, Eli entered the modest home, the door closing behind him and it latched on its own. The front area of the home was mainly the kitchen and the dining area, and there was a door that led down to a cellar where he stored his food. Following Silas through a doorway at the opposite side of the kitchen, they entered a sitting area. There was a comfortable sofa, few chairs, a table placed before a window, shelves with journals and books, but what caught Eli's attention the most was the person sitting at the table. It was another young man. His skin was dark brown, clear of any blemishes, and he hadn't any hair on his head. Upon seeing Eli, it looked as though uncertainty and fear entered him, but he calmed a moment later when Silas approached him and took a seat on his lap. The young man looked up at Silas and swallowed, still a bit nervous when his cheek was caressed.