0 ✔️

CHAPTER ZERO :

My Children??

Jin entered the quiet house with a groan, dropping his suitcase on the floor next to the couch and slowly sat down, supporting his back with his face contorted into pain and exhaustion. Sitting on the chair for more than 10 hours will be the death of him— or his back, rather—, and he needs a massage so badly. "What a day." He groaned, leaning his head against the soft leather couch and closing his eyes, basking in the quietness and forgetting the hectic atmosphere of the office he was in hours ago.

Being in a desk job for 3 years burned him out, but he couldn't just easily quit his job and just do a freelance job that he likes. Being the youngest in the family stressed him out, and he didn't want to beg his family to take him back. Not after that one fateful incident that made him stray from his own family.

"Marry her, and you would never have to suffer in your job again, Jin."

Jin scoffed at his father's words. "Bullshit." He spat and stood up, moaned because of the the ache on his back, and walked towards kitchen to grab something quick to eat. Jin could have just grabbed a microwave dinner and heat it, but he decided to be healthy for once, and to make a nice, simple sandwich.

"Toast, ham, lettuce, tomato, cheese, toast." He hummed, licking his lips as he stared at his own masterpiece. He thought of grabbing a cup of coffee, but he remembered that he still has a ton paperwork left in the office the next day. So, he decided to grab a nice glass of cold milk for him to sleep well tonight. Eyeing the immaculate meal in front of him, his stomach gurgled, and he proceeded to grab the sandwich to take a big bite of heaven—

Ding dong!

"AISH!" Jin wanted to slam his sandwich down of frustration. His face went to the front door with his brows furrowed. "CAN'T I JUST ENJOY SOMETHING—God, I'm coming!" He yelled, stomping as he marches to the front door. Not even taking a peek from the peephole on the door, he opened it all the way in and glared.

"J-jin." A woman stood in front of him, her expression so forlorn and unenthusiastic, that he crinkled his nose and frowned. "Who are you?" Jin asked while crossing his arms, the woman sniffling and chuckling bitterly. "I knew you wouldn't remember me." She muttered under her breath, rolling her eyes. Jin furrowed his brows, suddenly shocked at the behavior this stranger is showing on his presence. She shows up at his front door, looking so depressed, and then the next second, she becomes sarcastic? He couldn't help but roll his eyes as well. "Well? What's going on? How do you even know me?"

The woman balled her fists, taking a deep breath before sighing tiredly. "Jin, we met at the bar a few times." She said, biting her lip. "We...had sex during those few times. They're just one-night stands, but then we always forget to have condom."

Jin blinked, his mind searching for those moments where he brought a woman home and had one-night stands. 'Do I do one-night stands?'

"We...had sex 5 times. 8 years ago was the first time, and we didn't have condom, since I thought I was in birth control and we were drunk anyway. And then it continues every year, until I had enough." She shakily breathed, tugging someone from behind her and almost pushed them to Jin.

Six pairs of eyes were looking up at the man, making Jin's mouth drop to the floor. Surely, he likes kids, and he really wanted his own in the future. He preferred only two or three children, but not six. "Meet your children, Jin." The woman couldn't give a smile to them, because this would be the last time she will be with her kids. Her throat was clogged, and she struggled to talk to them softly and motherly. "Children, this is your appa. Always listen to him, okay?"