"Come on, Mer. You can trust me, you know that." I insisted, comfortingly placing a hand on her shoulder, mostly because I was extremely intrigued by what she meant.

"You just want to hear what you missed out on, huh?" She playfully asked with a raised brow, although a small smile tugged at the edge of her mouth as she lightly shook her head.

I let out a fake gasp, jokingly placing my hand on my chest as she spoke.

"What? I would never! Me?" I played along with her, making her finally let out a laugh.

"Alright, fine. Well, Hiccup confessed his feelings for Elsa, and Jack told me that the two of them are hanging out after school today to... talk it out, I guess? Hiccup told me himself that he was going to take Elsa to the retro diner. He seems excited." Merida began plainly, already making my jaw drop.

"So, yeah. Kinda sucks." She finished, crossing her arms across her chest.

I immediately remembered that Merida told me about her feelings for our dear friend a few months back. I managed to keep it a secret from both Hiccup and Elsa ever since because Merida asked me to not tell anyone else. I don't think it was a matter of Merida not trusting Elsa, but it had been evident to me and her that Hiccup had some sort of feelings for Elsa for a while, so Merida just kept her thoughts to herself.

I was honestly unsure of what I could say that would help her feel better.

"Oh, it's alright, Mer. If you ask me, I'm pretty sure that Elsa has something going on with Jack anyway!" I attempted to console her with a sympathetic grin, but I watched as Merida's eyes widened as she awkwardly cleared her throat, ushering for me to turn around.

I slowly turned around and was, oh so conveniently, faced with Jack himself.

He was standing a foot or two away from us, and I looked up at him with a sheepish grin as he looked at me with a knowing face and a slightly raised eyebrow.

He dusted off his shirt and he cleared his throat before speaking.

"Hey, guys." He said playfully, making me smile in embarrassment.

"Hi, Jack!" I greeted nervously as Mer waved at him, withholding a laugh, and I watched as he let out a light laugh.

I sighed in defeat as his laughter rang through my ears, and I furrowed my brows as Merida joined in on his contagious laughter.

"Hey!" I protested with a small frown, but eventually felt my frown turn into a small grin as Jack reassuringly flung his arms over my shoulders.

"It's alright, blondie. I'll just pretend I didn't hear what you said for your sake." Jack teased, and I giggled as he flung his other arm over Merida's shoulders too.

"Anyway, what are you guys doing after school? Are you guys busy around 5 in the afternoon?" Jack continued curiously, looking between the two of us questioningly as he kept his arms around us both.

"I have an appointment at the hair salon. I'm going to drive over there right when I leave the campus! What about you, Mer?" I replied first, looking over at Merida.

"Planning to practice some archery with my dad at home," Mer answered before looking back at Jack. "Why? Did you want to do something?"

He shrugged before bringing his arms back to his side.

"Well, I already told you guys that my little sister is visiting today. I was planning to bring her to the cool retro diner in town, I actually haven't been there myself yet. She's being dropped off around 5 by my dad, so I was just wondering if you guys wanted to tag along, but, it's okay." Jack informed us with a slight sadness in his voice, and I felt a slight rush of panic hit me as I processed his words.