Chapter 5

Hi all! It's been like... over a year since I last updated this book or any of my other ones, so I'm sorry about that. I have no excuse other than life has kept me pretty occupied. But I'm back for now, so here's the updated version of Chapter 5 :) 

__________________

Chapter 5

Jack

After PE class was finished, I ended up walking to my next class on my own instead of waiting to be accompanied by Elsa like I have been for the past week. I needed some time to myself so that I could properly think through what I was feeling in terms of Elsa and Hiccup.

There was something inside of me that twinged with guilt as I silently walked through the crowded hallways of the school. I had only known these people for a week, and yet here I was, wriggling my way into their friend group and questioning my feelings for a girl that I haven't gotten to know that deeply yet. A part of me felt pretty ridiculous for feeling even a little jealous of Hiccup.

I needed to set myself straight.

I ran a hand through my disheveled hair as I strode past Merida and Punzie as they leaned against their lockers.

I noticed from the corner of my eye that Merida took notice of my distance from them, but I paid no mind and decided to focus on the fact that I would be seeing my little sister in just a few hours.

I had no time to worry about Elsa, even if a part of me wished that she was tagging along.

Punzie

After school...

I happily stood up from my seat as the sound of the school bell loudly rang through the entire classroom, eliciting an excited hoot from someone in the back of the room, and causing some of the other students to laugh. I packed up all of my belongings before making my way out of the door, being faced with the swarm of students who had also just walked into the hallway, relieved that the weekend was finally upon us all.

I swiftly ran my hands through my long blonde hair as I caught sight of Eugene walking in my direction with a few of his friends beside him. He was most likely heading to the gym for football practice, and I was suddenly relieved that my class was on the way to the gym.

I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face when I walked past Eugene, who smugly nodded at me with a smoldering grin before resuming conversation with one of his friends and other members of the football team. I kept my eyes on him even as we walked past each other, and his figure disappeared amongst the sea of people within the crowded hallway.

"Someone seems to be enjoying herself!"

The familiar sound of Merida's voice brought me back to reality as I immediately came to a halt, realizing that I had unknowingly made it to my locker, and Merida was already rummaging through her own with a slight grin.

"Oh Mer, don't mock my happiness," I responded with a playful tone of sadness as I pouted at her, and she snickered as she nudged my arm with a grin.

"Hey, at least one of us is happy," Merida spoke with a sigh, shutting her locker before leaning against the metal door and glancing around the hallway.

"What do you mean? Are you alright?" I questioned with concern, leaning against my locker and crossing my left foot over my right as I looked at her with worry.

I have been so focused on Eugene today, I almost forgot I didn't sit with them at lunch! Did I miss out on something?

"I really shouldn't be talking about the business of our friends even more than I already have today..." Merida trailed off hesitantly, and I sighed as those words left her mouth.