"Yeah, I ate before coming." Taehyung nodded, leaning to grab another sandwich. 

The duo ate and laughed for about fifteen minutes, the highlight of the small section of time being Jeongguk choking on a skittle. He'd snorted out of laughter whilst chewing, the tiny sweet flying to the back of his throat in a millisecond. Taehyung was still laughing as he dragged Jeongguk to the bar (Ten had texted the signal immediately after Jeongguk had begun to choke).

Taehyung's nerves began to build as the two stood there, sipping on their drinks. He'd spotted Ten moving to his spot, creeping to a large group of people where he could blend in. 

Boss had just sent the text to Jay, telling him to make his way over to the party. 

In the corner, Taeyong was reloading his pistol which he'd shoot after Ten's two shots. 

Ten watched Jeongguk with careful eyes, trying to time his shot so Jeongguk wasn't startled mid-drink. He waited until Jeongguk began flustering Taehyung, pinching his cheek and ruffling his hair. Ten rolled his eyes with a soft smile at Jeongguk's affection, feeling extremely guilty at what he was about to do.

He locked eyes with Taeyong who nodded, Boss sending a subtle thumbs-up. 

To signal everybody else, the bartender rang the bell - explaining that last rounds would be at a specific time. As Jeongguk listened, Ten shot into the air.

Everybody began to scream, rushing around and in Taehyung's opinion, overreacting. Yes, they were acting, but was that really necessary?!

Jeongguk immediately stood in front of Taehyung, pistol in his hands as he darted his gaze around, trying to pinpoint the perpetrator amidst all the people who ran like headless chickens. He knew that, ideally, you shouldn't really rush around after hearing a gunshot, but he pushed that thought to the back of his mind as the only priority was Taehyung. 

"Taehyung, we need to go take cover - come on." Jeongguk murmured, turning around to face him.

Taehyung shook his head, "no, we can't. What if we get shot?"

Jeongguk was about to argue, but as soon as he saw Taehyung's bottom lip quiver, he kept quiet.

"Okay, petal." Jeongguk said, "it's going to be alright, darling."

Taehyung (feeling so fucking guilty) nodded slowly, eyes fluttering shut as Jeongguk pressed a gentle kiss to his nose. Despite having to play scared, a blush still arose to his cheeks after Jeongguk kissed him. 

Jeongguk turned back around, finger twitching on the trigger as he held back the urge to go find whoever made Taehyung scared. But he didn't, staying in front of his precious bluebell, defending him from any damage that may occur. Taehyung obviously knew nothing would happen to either of them, so as long Jeongguk stayed in place, which made acting scared extremely difficult.

Taehyung's eyes found Ten, mouthing the next signal.

Ten nodded, moving to his next position. He quickly shot at the chandelier once Jeongguk's eyes were averted. As the bulb shattered, Taehyung felt Jeongguk's body tense out of nervousness. 

Despite his emotions, which were running wild, Jeongguk's stance remained. Taehyung's chest was pressed against Jeongguk's back as the elder was pushed into the wall. Taehyung knew that if this wasn't all an act, he would truly feel safe behind Jeongguk's defence.

Taehyung pretended to be scared, sniffling and whimpering quietly. He gripped at Jeongguk's dress shirt, fingertips slipping along the silk. One of Jeongguk's hands made its way backwards, searching for Taehyung's hands. The elder quickly grabbed his hand with both of his, playing with his fingers as Jeongguk aimed his gun with one hand.