author's note!

sadly, that's the end of iris - for now!

i'm thinking of making a sequel for iris, where taekook might have a 'normal' relationship, like none of the gang shit and whatnot because that is so hard to write ahdonednow idk tho, i haven't decided

i know that some people were confused, so i'm gonna explain!

basically, as mentioned in the last chapter, taehyung is an author

he has a few other books, and while they're actually selling and making money, it's not enough to pay for food, bills, rent and for everyday life

and so, with the constant stress weighing him down - he thinks of committing suicide*

he has no qualifications for a high paying job (i linked his qualification to taehyung's character in taehyung's book -> THAT SOUNDS WEIRDONKMGFMND) and so, his only paycheck is from writing, meaning that he needs to be constantly writing, which is hard with no inspiration

i don't know if any of you remember, but very early in the book, taehyung says that "no one will love his hunchback" which is quoted again in chap.97

it doesn't have much relevance, it's just mild foreshadowing bc obviously, someone will (jeongguk, in case anyone is confused)

taehyung made the entire story up, and the only 'real' part is chap.97

i did this because, since i made the story up - why couldn't taehyung?

it's mentioned that taehyung is doing literature 'on the side' - since i wanted to link his actual life to his story life (THIS IS CONFUSING - I'M SO SORRY ODNHEOWEK)

jeongguk's appearance is the way it is, because of his parents. it's said that he appears to be injured in chap.97 - because his parents are abusive. at this point of time, jung-hyun is not dead, jeongguk has not met jisom yet and jay is dead - which is why jeongguk is dressed smartly, he's just come back from the funeral (jay is actually, literally dead this time). this will be all explained in the sequel dnowdmwo, it'll make sense

jeongguk is not an assassin/ nor is he included in illegal activities as a part of his job - jay is dead because of the lie that he told taehyung when they first met (drugs). jeongguk will most likely be an artist/ painter because of that one chapter where he's 'undercover' in the craft shop, where he and taehyung see each other after a long time ajdhhadado

painter!jeongguk and author!taehyung is adorable, i love these types of aus, so if you have written any or you know books with them - please PLEASE share, i beg.

i don't know if I've missed anything out, but if you're confused (which is likely, this plot is a mess), please ask!

* obviously, suicide is never the answer. it may seem like it'll fix all your problems, but it's not necessary - you should never feel as though you should take your own life to make other people happier, to rid of stress and sadness or anything. remember, there's always someone to listen to you. i say this often, and i don't know if it's repetitive but if it helps someone - i don't care. BUT, there's teachers, parents, guardians, friends, the Samaritan hotline. i'm always here to listen, i can't say that i'll give the best advice, since I've never attempted suicide, but i'm never going to judge you for your decisions.

self-harm, depression and other triggering themes are mentioned in this book, because i think they're so important and should be recognised. mental health is so important. if you have poor mental health, it severely affects you. it affects your moods, perceptions, work - everything. and as someone who struggles with self-harm and depression, i think it's crucial for people to stop seeing these issues as taboo, weird, freak-like, and others. while i can't speak for everyone everywhere, because there's always going to be that one person who sees it as attention-seeking, weird, etc., just know that there's always someone to listen.

i do try and convey messages through my work, which is difficult as i don't want to romanticise depression, addiction, self-harm and whatnot. i purposely made jeongguk someone who was sheltered, and didn't talk about his emotions too often - since there is a recurring theme in society that 'boys don't cry' and that it's not manly to be depressed, to self-harm, to suffer from anxiety, and many more. i'm here to say that it's okay to talk, and it's okay not to be okay.

i also include self-harm in my work, because it's something that's so easily concealed, that even the brightest and bubbliest, most unexpected people do it. and i just want to make people aware of the consequences of their words, since it can have huge impacts and i just want people to be careful and caring.

thank you all so much for reading, it's truly amazing to see how many of you read and comment, it's surreal. i never expected for iris to be this popular, I've teared up at some of the rankings it's made (#2 on #jeonjeongguk out of 15.6K as i found out today, #5 on taekook out of 11.4K) since i'm just an ordinary 16 year old with no particular interest in writing, it's so strange to see my impact. it's truly beautiful to see that my hard work pays off, and i thank you all for loving my work!! <3 <3

once again, iris has been a wonderful rollercoaster that i'm delighted to have shared with all of you, thank you for sticking by from the very first chapter - and for some of you, from mafia - which is dedication.

i have made some amazing friends through iris, and i hope that we continue to be so and talk from this point. 

if you have any further questions regarding characters or plot that i haven't explained, please ask - i don't want people sitting in confusion! 

i love you all so so so much, thank you for being amazing and supportive and literally THE best readers???? thank you!

- plasticbees (chlöe, if you would like to call me by my name rather than author, or plastic - i'm not bothered either way!)