46-falling deeper

"Thanks for coming to visit but you didn't have to." Xander tells my mom and I as we are about to head home.

Xander had caught the flu earlier in the week so had his girlfriend so he called and begged my mom to come up to college and take care of him. When it came to him getting sick he was a complete mama's boy and since he was an adult my mom took every little chance he gave to let her take care of him. Mom dragged me a long with her, senior year was coming to an end soon which meant my attendance wasn't completely necessary. I didn't want to come but I didn't really have a choice in the matter.

"Nonsense, honey." My mom waved off. "You may be a junior in college but I still don't mind taking care of you while you are ill. Now do you need anything before we go?" She asked.

"Nope. Hanna is feeling better so she's going to bring me soup later." He replied sitting up in his bed.

Mom nods her head but a look of sadness is evident. She liked the fact Xander had finally stopped hopping from one girl to another but had a feeling Hanna was the real deal. Xander has never had a serious girlfriend so my mom wasn't sure how to act.

"Alright. Tay you ready?" She asks looking at me. Yes I was ready to go an hour ago when he threw up in his hamper. I nod my head instead of saying what I really wanted to. "K. We love you Xander. Feel better." She says and places a kiss on his forehead. I refuse to get what he has so I just wave to which he returns.

"Bye guys. Love you." Xander says.

My mom and exit his room and make our way to the elevator down to the lobby then out of the building to be greeted by a unusual warm day. I always admired how the campus looked in the spring. The school was planting flowers and trimming trees and bushes. The grass wasn't ready to be mowed but was starting to look greener. Despite my liking of Boston University it wasn't my school of choice. I refuse to get an educate that accepted my brother. Also there are a good number of girls on this campus he has nailed so it would be smart if I were to stay away.

The ride home was quiet. I could tell my mom was sad to be leaving Xander. She and my dad both had a hard time when he went off to college. He is the oldest so it's only natural.

My phone kept pinging which caused my mom to ask who was texting me. "Nick." I answer.

"Oh. You seeing him later?" She asks with a smile. I swear she still has a crush on him.

"Unfortunately no. It's guys night and by that they will be in Charlie's new boxing room." I say with a sigh. Even though I've asked Nick repeatedly to let me watch him while he works out, it still has not happened. And yes, I'm started to get pissed off. I mean how hard is it to hit a punching bag while your girlfriend sits there fanning herself from how hot it is. I was bordering on desperate.

"Aw. Maybe tomorrow." Mom says giving me a sympathetic smile.

"Yeah." I mumble.

Later that night I was in my room writing up a final paper for my English class. I changed clothes as soon as we arrived home. I traded my jeans and long sleeve for Nike pants and one of Nicks shirts. I also exchanged my contacts for my glasses and put my hair up in a messy bun. I was full on lazy now and quite possibly too comfortable. I was very close to falling asleep, a mistake on my part.

I was in the middle of typing a paragraph when my phone pinged with a text. I'm guessing it was Lacey so I ignored it. No we aren't fighting but once I start texting with her, I will never finish my paper and it was due next Monday. I at least wanted some free time during the upcoming weekend. My phone didn't ping again so whatever she or whoever else it was wanted must have not been important.

It was well after midnight and other than Carter I was the only one still awake. I finished my paper but would need revisions before I hand it in but was good enough for now. For the past hour I was engrossed in CSI so when my phone pinged it scared the shit out of me.

Come outside. Now. -Batman

I frowned as I read the text. Now. That sounded serious. I sighed and reluctantly got up out of my warm comfy bed. This better be important otherwise I was going to kick his ass. I slipped into my Uggs and a hoodie then left my room and walked down the stairs and out the front door. I didn't see Nicks car anywhere but it was pitch black.

Across the street. -Batman

I read the text and look across the street to see his car parked there. I shook my head and pulled the sleeves of hoodie over my fingers, it was a chilly night. I walked over to his car and opened the door to get in. The warmth engulfed me and suddenly I was all warm and toasty. I sighed in contentment.

"What's up?" I ask looking at him. I notice he's still in his work out clothes and his hair was matted down. I scrunched up my nose, he could of showered before coming over here. The stench that stuck to him after sparring was not a turn on and sometimes made me gag.

"You've been avoiding me." He says with anger lacing his tone.

"Huh?" I ask confused.

"I sent you a text earlier and you didn't reply nor did you read it. Are you mad at me?" He says looking at the darkness of the road.

Oh.

Oops.

"I'm sorry. I thought it was Lacey, I have a paper due on Monday and wanted to get it finished. I'm not avoiding you. Was the text important?" I ask now concerned if something happened to him.

Nick sighs in relief and his shoulders visibly sag. He must have thought I was pissed at him. My poor Batman. I wanted to kiss him to make him feel better but I decide against it, he might still be mad at me.

"No, nothing happened. I'm fine. I sent you a video of me hitting the punching bag. Thought you might enjoy it. When you didn't respond I thought you were mad." He explains.

He sent me a video of him working out. Now I'm bummed I didn't see it sooner.

I unlock my phone and scroll up to see the video he sent me. Oh this was going to be fun to watch. I didn't ask Nick if he was alright with me watching the video while in his presence, I just hit play. As I watched him shirtless repeatedly hitting the black punching bag, all of his muscles flexing, his tan skin glistening with sweat and a perfect view of his ass. It was a the most glorious thing I've ever seen.

"Who recorded this?" I ask breathless.

Nick chuckles, "Charlie. I recorded him for Jade. You like it?"

"Like it? No. I love it. I'm saving this to my photos now." I say as I do it. Nick laughs at me. "I'm really sorry I didn't see this earlier."

"No worries." He shakes his head smiling at me.

I lean over to give him a kiss which he returns and places his hand on my cheek. "Thank you." I mumble against his lips. "I missed you today." I say and put my head in the crook of his neck.

Nick plants a kiss on the side of my head and wraps his arms around the best he can. "I missed you too. This stupid console is in the way." He groans and pulls me into his lap. I let out a squeal at his sudden action. "The next vehicle I own won't have one of those. I hate those things, it's like barrier between us." He frowns.

I can't help but giggle at his cuteness. "You can not get rid of the bat-mobile." I scold him with a pout.

Nick gives me another kiss, "I won't. I love this car. I do, however, prefer you in my lap. You think you can just sit here anytime we are in the Jeep?"

I roll my eyes. "Nope, but I will gladly sit here with you for as long as you want me to." I give him a peck on the lips. Nick tried to continue it but I lean back and he groans.

"Why did you do that?" He asks pouting.

I shrug. He furrows his brows and places his lips gently on mine causing me to sigh with glee. We continue to kiss for a while but soon it's later than we both want it to be and his dad had already called him a few times.

We reluctantly say our goodbyes with a few more dozen kisses before he walks me to my door for one last kiss. Nick makes sure I'm safe in my room before he leaves my driveway to head home. I was falling deeper in love with him everyday and I wasn't going to change it.