43-more than worth it

Dinner went off very smoothly. The cooking process had a couple of rough patches. Lacey and Micah almost burned down the whole kitchen when they convinced Catherine and Jade to let me try their hand at cooking. It didn't go too well. But the good news is Lacey and Micah didn't kill each other, the two just laughed it off. That I was thankful for. Those two still butt heads once in a while, but here lately they have been getting along pretty good.

My desert which was a chocolate cake - yes chocolate- was loved by everyone. They all felt bad that I couldn't have any but I did make me my own little strawberry cheesecake. Although I can't say it was just for me because Nick ate most of it. I wanted to be mad but he looked adorable stealing bites off of my plate. I knew the reason for it too, he didn't want to eat any chocolate, if he did then he wouldn't be able to kiss me later and that would make us both mad.

Since us girls cooked dinner we also cleaned up. The rule we came up was that if you cooked it you clean it up. It made things easier and saved us all from arguing over it. While I was clearing the table I noticed that Nick pulled Charlie into a different room and closed the door. I went over to try to figure out what it was about but the voices were too muffled for me to hear. I wanted to ask one of the other guys what it was all about but I refrained.

Probably just guy stuff.

Maybe Nick was asking Charlie if he got the pond smell off of him and if he did, he would want to know his secret?

Yes, Nick still smelled like the pond but it wasn't as bad as before. I could tolerate it now.

I was heading up to mine and Nicks room when I see the two coming out from the other room. Charlie was smirking and Nick was shaking his head and rolling his eyes at Charlie's facial expression. Now I was really curious.

Nick notices me standing on the stairs and comes up to me. "Come on." He simply says. I go to question him but he just nods for me to follow me.

Once we are in our room he gives me a kiss. "Uhh...what is going on?" I ask.

"Change your clothes and wait for my text." He softly demands and gives me a kiss on the forehead. Next he grabs some of his clothes, gives me another toe curling kiss then leaves the room.

What the hell just happened?

I could stand here and stow at the fact that I don't have a clue to what is going on but I decide against it. I groan loudly then go over to the dresser to get some clothes. I choose a sweatshirt and a pair of leggings then move into the bathroom to hop in the shower. After I am finished I check my phone but see no text from my boyfriend. I was growing very impatient.

I go back to the bathroom and decide to put a little bit of make up on and redo my ponytail. He didn't tell me to dress up or down, to look presentable or not. I also spray a tiny bit of perfume on just incase. I took the chance to look out the window when I walk back into the room. It was very late winter, no leaves on the trees and everything was still that disgusting brown color. The temperature on my phone said 41 degrees, so there was a chill in the air.

I'm pacing the room when I hear my phone ding.

Meet me in the foyer - Batman

I frown. What in the world was he planning?

I grab a blanket and wrap it around me because I'm kind of cold and slip on my UGG boots. I make my way downstairs to see only Nick standing there in a long sleeve shirt and black pj pants. I look around for our friends but they are no where in sight, I do, however, hear their laughter coming from the living room.

"Nick...what's going on?" I ask carefully.

"We are going camping." He says with a smile.

I furrow my brows, "We didn't bring your camping gear, babe."