16-nick's world

Be ready at 6 -Batman

That was the text I received from Nick this morning. It felt weird waking up to a text that wasn't from your bestie or a family member. It has been a while since I woke up to a text from a guy. Johnny would send them every now and then but he kind of lacked in the romance department. He was into more of hands on activities, if you know what I mean.

I, of course had to keep reminding myself through out the day the text wasn't meant to be anything special. He was just informing me of the time I needed to be ready by. There was no need for me to get all worked up over it. We were hanging out as friends, getting to know each other outside of school and away from our friends. If this was a simple hang out with a friend, then why was I nervous?

To top off my nerves, I had absolutely no clue what to wear. I searched my closet a couple of times before finally landing an outfit. Since the weather was cold, I chose a light brown sweater, a pair of light was jeans that were distressed and some brown ankle booties. I put some curls in my hair to give it a more wavy look. I kept my make-up simple yet put enough on to tell I was wearing it.

-taylor's outfit-

I was still in the process of getting ready when I heard the doorbell ring

I was still in the process of getting ready when I heard the doorbell ring. I look down at my watch to see it was six o'clock exactly. Wow, he's punctual. I was doing my best to hurry but you can only blend your make-up so fast to make it look flawless.

I heard my dad greet him then a few seconds later I heard, "Taylor, there is a boy here for you!" Dad yells from downstairs. I can tell by his tone that he isn't too happy. Then again, he wasn't thrilled when I started dating.

"Be down in a sec!" I yell back.

I stand up from my vanity and walk over to my full length mirror on the wall to make sure I look presentable enough to go downstairs. I spray some perfume on me, grab my cross body purse and my phone then head downstairs. I stop on the third to last step to hear what they are saying.

"Do you like sports?" Dad asks curious.

Oh boy, here we go.

"Yeah. My dad and I like pro football." Nick replies calmly.

"And what team do you all root for?" Dad continues.

"We like the New York Giants." Nick smiles.

"Good team, good team. And uh...what about the Patriots?" He asks next.

"We like them, but we prefer the Giants." Nick said.

Leave it to my dad to ask sports questions over important questions. He did the exact same thing to Johnny when I first brought him over. It was even worse because Xander was home as well. He and dad grilled Johnny about sports, football in particular. Needless to say, dad and Xander were not thrilled with Johnny's responses. He said he liked playing football but didn't like watching it. Said it was boring. From that moment on, dad and Xander weren't Johnny fans.