11- halloween day

"Are you sure you're okay?" Lacey asks me as we exit the field after yet another Saturday pratice. Here lately my life has been playing on repeat it seemed like.

I grunt as I stretch out my right arm. My stunt group lost their grip on me which caused me to go falling to the ground, landing on my shoulder. It hurt like hell. "Yeah. I'm fine." I hiss.

Lacey rolls her green eyes at my stubbornness, "Taylor Croft, you are a terrible liar."

"I'm not lying." I say in defense.

"You should have your mom look at your shoulder." Lacey suggests.

"My mom is a nurse not a doctor. Look if it gives me anymore problems, I will have her check it out. Alright?" I say just to ease the worried look on my bestie's face.

Lacey seems wary of me at first but eventually gives me a smile. "What should we do tonight?" She asks.

"I don't know about you but I am going to shop till I drop." I say. I didn't need to go shopping, but I haven't been in a hot minute and my closet was telling me that we needed a trip to the mall.

Lacey once again rolls her eyes at me, "I meant afterwards." I furrow my brows in confusion. Was I missing something here? "It's Halloween, Tay." Lacey finally announces.

Halloween? Is it already October 31st? Man, where has time gone? I knew that we were in the month of October but I hadn't realized that it was the end of the month. Where in the world have I been?

"Oh." I mumble. I wasn't one of those poeple who loved Halloween. I liked it a normal amount. A few scary movies and I was done. "Do we have to do anything tonight?" I ask. I wasn't really up for going out tonight.

"How about I find us something to do and if I can't we can have a chill sleepover. Sound good?" Lacey suggests.

"I suppose." I give in. "I thought you and Logan would be doing something tonight." I raise a brow and fix my bun. I try to hide my wince when I raise my shoulder but it doesn't go unnoticed by Lacey.

Lacey gives me a stern look, "I'm kind of on the fence about Logan." She says sadly.

This was news to me. The last time Nick and I spoke he said they were both into one another. To be fair we haven't spoken since our get to know you lunch in the AV room last week.

"What happened?" I ask with concern.

"We were at Tyson's the other day, Micah was there. She made a comment about us once again and I could tell Logan wanted to laugh. I thought he was going to be different. Now I'm not so sure." She explains with a pout.

I rest a caring hand on her shoulder, "Lace, if he isn't going to defend you then he isn't worth it."

"I really like him but this is totally turning me off. I keep telling myself that he will grow some balls and saying something but he hasn't. Logan might be just a random guy I met at a party." She finishes.

I feel bad for her. Anytime Lacey finds a guy she always ends up heartbroken and I pick up the pieces. I hate seeing my bestie this upset, especially over a guy.

"Whatever you want to do tonight, we will do, okay?" I say in an attempt to make her feel better.

A small smile makes its way to her lips, "Yeah, okay." She sniffles.

I start walking to my car when I shout, "No costume party!"

"It's Halloween, Tay, every party will be a costume party!" Lacey shouts back.

"There is always one that isn't!" I shout back.

Lacey just sends me a thumbs up. Yeah, like she will respect my preference.