12-halloween night

"So what do you say?" I ask Lacey via FaceTime.

Lacey takes a couple of minutes to think over what I told her. I had called her after having my mom take a look at my shoulder, which is just bruised by the way. I told her about my run in with Nick and his friends at the mall and their invitation of us going camping with them tonight. Like myself, Lacey has never been camping, our families were lake house or hotel type people. Guess we really do fit into the roll of rich kids. Micah would be so thrilled to know she was dead on.

"I guess we can go." She says hesitantly.

I readjust the ice pack on my shoulder that my mom forced me to wear, "If you don't want to go, we don't have to. I am still reluctant."

To be honest, I was nervous and scared and by the look on Lacey's face, she felt the exact same way I did. The last time we hung out with these people we got made fun of for going to a tuition school. Even though the ring leader Micah wouldn't be there, we were still cautious. Plus Lacey was on the fence about Logan. The last thing I wanted to do was put her in a situation where she would be uncomfortable.

"No, no, we will go. It might be good for them to see us outside of our usual environment." Lacey says.

"Yeah that or they will see how terrible we are at this experience which will give them more ammunition to use against us." I frown. I wanted to believe that Nick's friends will at least spare Lacey and I the embarrassment for tonight since they are the ones who invited us.

"Lets just try it. You mentioned Nick saying there would be pizza and beer. Who are we to turn that down. And it's his birthday." Lacey smirks. She is convinced that there is something brewing between Nick and I. We've only had lunch together once. That isn't a relationship make.

I roll my eyes at her, "You are childish."

Lacey chuckles, "We can drive together. Wanna pick me up at say six?"

"Yeah, I'll text you before I leave." I agree. Two Forks Forest is about thirty minutes from town but knowing Lacey and I, we will get lost. We once got lost going into the city for a shopping day. I had to call Xander to come pick us up.

"Kk. See you in a bit." She says then hangs up.

An hour later my closet and room looked like a tornado had gone through it. Since it was my first time going camping I had no clue what to pack.I texted Lacey who waa having the exact same problem as me. I even googled what to pack and it wasn't as useful as I had hoped. If I had Nick or Charlie's number I would have texted them and Lacey didn't want to text Logan because she and he haven't texted in a couple of days.

I let out a groan of frustration and flop down on my bed and land on my right shoulder and that causes me to release a groan of pain.

My mom comes rushing into the room, "Taylor, you okay?" She asks with concern.

"I got invited to go camping and I have no idea what to pack!" I say in frustration.

Mom crosses her arms and a look of amusement takes over her face, "Camping really? You don't seem like the type to camp."

"You have known me for seventeen years, mom, of course I don't seem like the type to camp." I scowl.

Mom laughs at me and comes to sit on the edge of the bed that isn't covered by clothes, "You know, your dad took me camping once."

"Seriously?" I ask in confusion.

"Yep. We were seniors in college and hadn't been dating but two weeks. He thought it would be romantic to take me - a sorority girl- camping." She tells me.