Comforting coldness

I ran from the house. I didn't care where I ran to I just ran. I ended up running to the guild and bumped into gray. I was crying so it didn't take long for him to see I was upset.

"Hey what's wrong?" He asks worriedly but I couldn't respond due to the endless tears. I could only cry more. "Come on. Come with me." Gray says softly and tries to pull me with him. "I won't hurt you I promise. Come on." He says reassuringly and I hesitantly followed.

He led me back to his place which is a small apartment near the guild. He opens the door and allows me to enter. I'm still sobbing but starting to calm down.

"Want some hot chocolate?" He asks and I nod. He leaves to make the hot chocolate and I sit down on the couch. I grab a blanket that's on the couch and wrap myself up in it.

Gray returns a few minutes later with the hot drink and hands it to me.

"Thanks." I whisper and he smiles

"Can you tell me what happened now?" He asks softly and I start crying again. "I guess not..."

"Gray. Promise....you won't....freak out?" I sob and he nods "Natsu hit me." I whisper and I hear him hit the table and break it

"WHAT?!" He yells

"Gray please. You promised."

"I promised I wouldn't freak out I never promised I wouldn't get mad!" He yells and I flinch. He sees me start to cower in fear and calms down. "I'm sorry." He says softly

"It's ok. I understand why your mad."

"I can't believe he's did that..." he says quietly but with anger

"Me either." I whisper and start shaking "Gray since your a ice wizard does that mean your cold to?" I ask

"Not really why?" He asks

"Because I'm freezing for some reason."

"Drink your hot chocolate then." He says softly and points to the mug in my hand. I smile feeling embarrassed that I had forgotten about it.

I sit back in the couch and slowly drink it while gray tells me about his past and about how Juvia is creepily obsessed with him. I finish my drink and cuddle up in the blankets. I feel Gray get up and stop him.

"Stay near me. Please. I'll feel safer." I plead with him and he sits back down and smiles.

"Only if I can hold you." He says and I blush.

"I can't. I'm with Natsu. Even if he is being a hot headed jerk." I say sadly and lay on the couch away from Gray.

"I'll go then." Gray says and gets up. I don't stop him this time. I just bury myself in the blankets and cry silently. I hear him walk away and just cry myself to sleep.

I wake up the next morning to arguing. I can't make out the voices yet but I can tell it's two guys.

"Where is she?!" Natsu yells

"Why do you care after what you did?!" Gray yells back

"I do care! I didn't mean to hurt her!"

"Well you did! Badly! Her face is all bruised up!"

"Your lying!" Natsu yells and sound like he's crying.

I walk twords the voices and appear just as Natsu said Gray was lying. He looks at me and falls to his knees.

"Y/N. I'm so sorry!" He shouts and I just raise my hand up for him to stop.

"Save it!" I say to him exactly how he said it to me last night. "Gray can you take me to the guild and help me find Wendy please?" I ask and walk to Gray he nods and we walk away leaving Natsu there crying