Career Meeting: Year 5

Start from the beginning

"Ginny's had a word with us about you," Fred commented. "She says you need to talk to Sirius?"

"What?" Hermione froze in her attempt to grab another pamphlet.

"Yeah..." Harry shrugged, failing to sound casual, "yeah, I thought I'd like -- "

"Don't be ridiculous," Hermione stared at him disbelievingly. "With Umbridge groping around in the fires and frisking all the owls?"

"Well, we think we can find a way around that," George winks, stretching out like his brother. "It's a simple matter of causing a diversion. Now, you might have noticed that we have been rather quiet on the mayhem front during the Easter holidays?"

"What was the point, we asked ourselves, of disrupting leisure time?" Fred went on. "No point at all, we answered ourselves. And of course, we'd have messed up people's studying too, which would be the very last thing we'd want to do."

He gave a little nod to Hermione, who looked shocked.

"But it's business as usual from tomorrow," He continued, clasping his hands with a mischievous grin. "And if we're going to be causing a bit of uproar, why not do it so that Harry can have his chat with Sirius."

"Yes, but still," Hermione put on her mom voice, "even if you do cause a diversion, how is Harry supposed to talk to him?"

"Umbridge's office," Harry murmured.

Hermione's eyes went very, very wide, "Are -- you -- insane?"

Amisty and Ron traded glances and very carefully sunk down in their seats, watching the exchange warily.

"I don't think so," Harry shrugged.

"And how are you going to get in there in the first place?" She whispered sharply.

"Sirius's knife," He replied in an instant.

"Excuse me?" She breathed.

"Christmas before last Sirius gave me a knife that'll open any lock," He explained quietly. "So even if she's bewitched the door so Alohomora won't work, which I bet she has -- "

"What do you think about this?" Hermione cut him off, whirling around to Amisty and Ron who instantly flinched.

"I dunno," Ron barely more than whispered, sounding very timid. "If Harry wants to do it, it's up to him, isn't it?"

Amisty nodded, averting her gaze.

"Spoken like a true friend and Weasley," Fred clapped him on the back with a grin. "Right, then. We're thinking of doing it tomorrow, just after lessons, because it should case maximum impact if everybody's in the corridors -- Harry, we'll set it off in the east wing somewhere, draw her right away from her own office -- I reckon we should be able to guarantee you, what, twenty minutes?"

He looked over at George.

George grinned and nodded, "What sort of diversion is it?"

"You'll see, little bro," Fred gave them a mini-salute as the two of them stood up. "At least, you will if you trot along to Gregory the Smarmy's corridor round about five o'clock tomorrow."

»»————- ♡ -————««

Amisty finished breakfast and set off for Professional McGonagall's, asking Ron instead of Hermione for notes since all Hermione was doing was nagging Harry about his plan to break into Umbridge's office.

"They won't be as good as hers," Ron grinned. "But I'll try my best."

"Thanks, Ron!" Amisty smiled. "Good luck."