Chapter 3

The blindfold was whipped off Ebony's face as quickly as a cheetah catches its prey. In fact, as quickly as a cheetah realises its prey is nearby, because realising and catching are two completely different things.

Anyway, the room only had one light, which was quite dim, and it hung precariously above Ebony's head. She was tied up by thick ropes, wrapped around her ankles, stomach and hands.

"What the hell, dude?" she yelled, hoping that someone outside would hear her cries. "You said you would talk to me, not abduct me! In case you didn't realise, they have nothing in common."

"Ebony, I need to tell you something your father will hate me for." he paused. "A secret your mother died protecting."

"Who are you?" Ebony asked cautiously.

"My name is Jaxon Curfet, and I am your guardian."

"Guardian? Why the hell would I need a guardian? I am perfectly capable of defending myself, thank you very much."

"Ebony, just give me a moment." he walked over to the chair she was strapped to. "I am going to untie you, but I am also going to be restraining you." He did so, making sure he had a firm grip on her arm. "I now want you to think of Lorna. Think of her wounds, the fatal ones, and imagine as many kinds of ways that she could die as possible."

Ebony closed her eyes and started thinking. She pictured men deer hunting, suicide, two women murdering her, one older guy who'd previously been convicted of homocide- she had a strange feeling about that scenario.

"What are you picking up on?" Jaxon asked her.

"A guy who killed her. Why?"

"Open your eyes, Ebony."

She did, and found herself not in the dark room but in an open area where people roamed freely.

"What the... Where... Who... Jaxon, you have a lot of shit to explain."

"Ok then." He sighed, then continued. "Ebony, you have a special gift. You have the ability to cross the border between life and death."

Ebony, unable to believe what she just heard, ran. Although, I must admit, she did return 20 minutes later, asking, "Ok, so, how do I get back?"

Afterword: hey guys, what do ya think so far?

Do ya think Ebony and Jaxon should get together? I think it would be kinda cute

Remember to comment and vote - it helps me out a lot

Yea that's it

Unidentified ON HOLDOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara