Chapter 7

Jaxon pulled up in front of a fancy looking restaurant, and Ebony wondered if he'd got the address right. This place looked expensive.

"Welcome to Le Bon Endroit." Jaxon said proudly. "Fanciest place in town."

"But... how..." Ebony didn't know how to nicely say "how are you going to afford this?"

"How am I going to pay for it?" he asked with a mischievous smile on his face. "Well, it just so happens that my parents own this place."

"Then why..."

"Is my apartment so untidy and cheap?"

"Um, yeah."

"Because I refuse all the money they give me."

"Why?"

"Because I don't need it."

"But-"

"I have a job, Ebony." he sounded irritated. "You may be only seventeen, and I may look like I'm eighteen but I am in fact nineteen."

"Wait, hold up." Ebony paused for a moment before continuing. "How do you know I'm seventeen?"

"I know a lot of things about you, Ebony Smith."

"If you're not careful, I will scream rape."

"If you're not careful, I will cancel our date."

Ebony was shocked. He wouldn't do that, would he?

Apparently he would.

Ebony suddenly had the best, most mischievous idea.

Putting on her most innocent face, she leaned over towards him. When her lips were only centimetres away from his, she stopped.

"You wouldn't do that, baby." she whispered.

"Dork." he muttered and closed the gap between their mouths.

She smiled and tried to pull back, but he followed her and suddenly she was up against the window and he was still kissing her.

When she finally managed to pull away, he was smiling evilly.

"Alright, one nil to you." she sighed. "But seriously. I thought we were going to be eating food, not each other's faces?"

"Aww, but that ruins the fun!" he moaned.

"Maybe after."

"And you could do that thing where your boob-"

"We are NOT doing ANYTHING with my boob, okay?"

"You're gonna turn this date really boring really quickly."

"I'm just being sensible."

"Since when was sensible boring?"

"If that's your boring, then it always has been."

"Whatever, I'm hungry."

"Then let's go."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wait, so how many sisters?" Ebony asked through a mouthful of creme brûlée.

"Seven. All younger than me." Jaxon replied casually. "What about you? Any siblings?"

"I think my mother was pregnant when she died."

"Oh. Um, I don't quite know what to say."

"Don't worry, the doctors said it would be born with a heart defect anyway."

"Oh."

"So... anything interesting about your seven sisters?"

"Okay, remembering time. I'm nineteen and I'm ADHD, Ysabel's sixteen and she's anorexic, Maddie's fifteen and she's an annoying little shit, Star and Lexi are twelve year old twins and they are addicted to One Direction, Georgia's ten and she's blind, Marley's nine and she has Asperger's syndrome, and Nina's seven and she's got stomach cancer."

"Wow." Ebony was speechless.

"We're a troubled family, but we get by. Oh, and my father has depression."

"Geez."

"Yeah, but they're kinda rich, so it doesn't matter."

"What about treatments?"

"Nina's getting treatment, I'm on medication, there isn't any treatment that we know of for anorexia, addiction doesn't need to be treated, annoying is just annoying, Marley's getting by okay, and Georgia can't get treatment."

"What about that See Again charity that restores people's sight?"

"It doesn't work on her."

"Dang." she sighed, shoving the last little bit of her desert into her mouth.

"Yeah." he pushed his plate into the middle of the table and groaned.

"What?" Ebony asked him, worried.

"Incoming parents."

"Jaxon, dear, how are you on this fine evening?" asked a voice Ebony assumed was Jaxon's mother.

"I'm fine." he replied casually.

"And who is this fine lady you have with you?"

"Her name is Ebony."

"Nice to meet you." Ebony said politely.

His mother looked shocked beyond her wits.

"Yes, mom, she's my Guarded One." Jaxon told her.

Ebony looked curiously at his mother as her face drained of its colour. When her eyes closed, it was as if Ebony teleported - one minute she was sitting on her chair, and then suddenly she was right next to Jaxon's mother, catching her right before she hit the ground.

The only thing Jaxon saw, however, was the prettiest girl in the world, moving as if she were a beam of light, to catch his mother.

A/N so it's a long chapter, I know, hooray! Nah jk it's just I said this chapter would be about their date and I didn't want to disappoint anyone

That's it from me bye

Ps see again doesn't exist I just made it up