Chapter 9

Ebony walked out onto the five hundred and twenty-ninth floor of the hotel, still processing the fact that she might be the only unidentifiable alive.

How was it possible?

It had to be. Jaxon even said that the last recorded unidentifiable was her mother, and she was dead.

Still, there had to be others.

"E-E-Ebony?" she heard the voice of Maisy say.

"Maisy!" Ebony sighed. "I'm so glad I found you, yet so sorry that I killed you."

"No, no, it's fine." Maisy reassured her.

"Still, I should be sent to jail charged with manslaughter, or murder, or something-"

"My dear, it was me. I was just so shocked. I mean, I didn't find my guardian until I was two hundred and forty."

"WHAT!?" Ebony exclaimed. Two hundred and forty? Two hundred and forty? How old was this... lady?

"Ebony, calm down. That's about twenty-four compared to a regular human. Half-blood Unidentifiables live to about a thousand. Full-bloods, though, live twice as long."

"WHAT!?" was this chick telling her she was going to live to two thousand years old? she would outlive everyone in her school, the children currently being born, Jaxon...

She would have to live without Jaxon.

"But... but... what about Jaxon?" Ebony asked, terrified of a) living without him, and b) how quickly she was falling for him.

"Ebony, he is your guardian. He will live for as long as you do, and die when you do. That is, if you die naturally."

"Phew." Ebony was relieved. She just hoped that neither of them would be killed anytime soon. "Wait, does that mean Jaxon's dad is here too?"

"Yes, he is."

"Well, I'm here to bring you back."

"You are?" Maisy looked as excited as a puppy with a new toy. "Let me just get Leo." she rushed behind a door I hadn't noticed before, and soon came back out with a middle aged man.

"Let's go." Ebony encouraged, and transported them all back to the hospital waiting room where Jaxon was still crying in a crumpled heap.

"Jaxon." Maisy whispered, and Jaxon shot up like a bullet.

"Mom? Dad? But how?" he was confused, and Ebony felt forgotten.

"Well, your girlfriend here is a full blood." Maisy gestured towards Ebony and she blushed.

"Ebony?" he asked, and she nodded. "Come here." she did, and he just stood up and hugged her, but it was nice.

"I will never let you go." she whispered into his t-shirt.

A/N shut up about its shortess. im in the middle of an updating frenzy on a friday that feels like a sunday because of christmas

anyway check out @booksarebeter4eva and her story Burning Charcoal and encourage her to do a part 2. plx just do it. she will love you 4eva. after all you are her little chocolate chips :P

but ciao for now my little spuds