Chapter 2

As Ebony flounced off, clearly not in a good mood, she tripped and fell into the mud puddle again.

"Oh, great. Now I'm grieving, feeling like crap, and to top it all off, covered in mud. Just what I need." Ebony yelled at herself.

"Grieving?"

Of course someone's following me, she thought to herself, coz' everyone in this town loves to stalk eachother.

"Ebony, I know you can hear me."

Oh my god, can a girl not get home without having to talk to some idiot?

"Ebony, don't ignore me."

Uh, just piss off!

"Ebony!"

"What the hell do you want?" she asked him without turning around.

"I don't want to hurt you, but-"

"You're going to do what?"

"Nothing, just-"

"You're not going to do anything, you're just going to do one of your creepy science experiments or something's on me, right?"

"Well, no, actually. We-"

"Want me to model something? 'Coz I don't have the time."

"I need to talk to you." He said slowly, yet firmly. "In private."

"Uh, what the hell. Fine. Just let me get my phone."

Ebony walked home for a few metres, then broke into a run after the guy started following her.

"Dude, seriously, piss off!" Ebony dashed into her house, grabbed her phone, and, hoping she could get off scot-free, escaped out the back door.

"Excuse me, where are you going?"

Dang.

"Well, funny story that, I-"

She never finished that sentence. The guy had knocked her out, and she didn't awaken until they were just outside the door of the lab.