Chapter 4

(Jaxon's POV)

Jaxon walked around his cramped apartment nervously, unable to stop thinking about this mysterious girl they call Ebony. His boss had said that he had to go and bring her back to the lab, and show her of her abilities. His boss said nothing about the fact that she would be that beautiful.

His crappy old cellphone vibrated annoyingly in his pocket, indicating that he'd received a text message, and since his boss was the only person who ever texted him, he didn't know what to expect.

'Get ur lazy muthaf*ckin ass over to the warehouse' it read.

Sighing, Jaxon shoved his phone back in his pocket, grabbed his jacket off his crumbly sofa, and headed out the problematic front door.

(End of Jaxon's POV)

Ebony crept cautiously around on the stone floor of the lab where she'd been taken earler. She knew that this had something to do with her mother's death, so naturally, she needed answers.

Her mother had died when Ebony was nine months old, forcing her father into single-parenthood. She had always been told that her mother died of a heart attack, but she started getting suspicious when someone told her that she was struck by lightening three years ago.

She was so in depth with her thoughts that she didn't hear the iron door open, or the person walk in. She only became responsive when the person grabbed her by the shirt and shone a light in her eyes.

"What the hell, mate?" she asked.

"Good, it's only you." the person sighed in relief.

"Jaxon?"

"Yeah, who else would it be?"

"I don't know."

"Exactly."

Ebony paused for a minute, before whispering, "Jaxon?"

"What?"

"Why do I need a guardian?"

"It's a long story," he replied, "And I'll tell you tomorrow."

Hey, another chapter! And it's another short one! Yayyyyyy!

Btw, please don't tell me to update. Writing isn't easy.

Anyway, next chapter is the background story about why Jaxon's her guardian.

What else do you want to happen?

Comment and vote my little Spuds!