Jade just nodded her head, biting down on the tissue in her cheek but she tried to put on a smile for the blonde in order not to seem impolite. She tilted her head to the side and stretched out her finger just a little bit, pointing it at the blonde.

"Oh, I was the assistant at Dr Edwards' practise. My name is Perrie." She shook Jade's hand with a huge smile. "I see you're following the doctor's orders," pointing at the freezer behind Jade and they both turned to look at all the different ice cream flavours. "My personal favourite is cookie dough by Ben & Jerry's and they're also fair trade so it's worth the extra money. I think I might take one home today as well."

Jade reached forward, being the one closer to the freezer, and grabbed two tubs of Ben & Jerry's cookie dough flavoured ice cream, handing one to the assistant and keeping the other to herself. She nodded as friendly as she could muster without uttering a single word but Perrie noticed it was time to say good bye and moved along without even looking back to see Jade wave at her.

***

Three. "I can still feel a fucking hole in my gums and it's so weird – and I can't even eat anything on my left side 'cause I'm scared little bits of food or whatever will get stuck in the gap and ugh, it's disgusting," Jade shivered all over her body as she told her colleague about her gone wisdom tooth.

"Oh, careful, customers," Leigh-Anne warned her and nodded in the direction of the door before she plastered on her business smile and accepted the man's keys, already walking off to park his car as Jade got the less eventful job of guiding them to their table and waiting them. She was about to start her usual welcoming speech as she recognised the female of the couple as Perrie, the dentist assistant and tilted her head to the side curiously. When she looked at the male her heart skipped a few beats as she noticed it was her dentist.

The dentist and his blonde assistant.

Jade shouldn't feel so bitter about this but it felt like they were all the same and as if they had come here solely to make her feel more miserable about her failed relationship.

"Good evening," she forced a smile at Perrie and Dr Edwards. "I'm Jade and I am your waitress for this evening. Would you like to sit rather in the back, where it is quieter and calmer, or more towards the front of the restaurant, where we offer a dance floor after nine with live music and closer to the bar?"

"Oh, weren't you the young lady who had her wisdom tooth taken out a couple days ago?" The male asked and Jade wondered how the two of them had gotten together, if it was something serious or just a fling and she bit her tongue for thinking so lowly about their relationship. She had no right to think about them like this.

Instead of saying anything about the situation at hand she simply nodded her head and then ignored the subject all together, "Well, would you prefer the front or back?"

"I think the front, waddaya say, Jonnie?" Perrie asked Dr Edwards. Obviously they were on first name basis but Jade wondered if they were as open with their relationship at the practise as well. Some of Perrie's colleagues might consider it unfair if they knew she had a thing with their boss but then again, it wasn't her place to judge the couple. This wasn't Jed and Jennifer, this was probably an entirely different relationship.

The male nodded and Jade led them to a table for two relatively close to the bar and the dance floor, the stage for small musicians only a few feet from them so once they arrived they could put on a show for the couple.

She handed them the menus before she told them about the day's specials and the wines they offered like she had done it so many times and was quite proud of herself for staying so professional during the whole thing. This wasn't her ex with his assistant but it definitely felt like it and angered her so much but she was forced to keep this on a client-waitress level so she couldn't let her feelings interfere with this.

➳ jerrie tumblr oneshotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara