Kaelen stepped into his bedroom and cursed when his foot stubbed his desk.  He blinked several times to clear his vision, his eyes finally adjusting before they landed on his empty bed.  "Where the fuck is Xara," he asked out loud.

Kaelen tore off his cream blazer as he walked toward the wall that would take him into her bedroom.  His eyes swept the room first landing on the empty bed before they moved to the small desk.  Finally his eyes swung to the window seat.

"Why are you not in my bed waiting for me," slurred Kaelen as he walked toward her.  He reached out his hand for her to take and frowned when she just stared at it before raising her handheld to her nose.  "Are you denying me," asked Kaelen.

"You smell like raunchy pu$$y and cheap liquor," mumbled Xara.  "You should take a shower and go to bed."

Kaelen's eyes narrowed as he took in her words, "You are denying me."

Xara looked up quickly and shook her head, "I am not."

"You are," roared Kaelen. His hand shot out too fast for Xara to react.  Kaelen stared down angrily at her hand held before he threw it against the wall.  "You were to be in my room when I returned yet I find you in here!  You should be waiting for me like a good paramour!"

Xara eyes rounded as his eyes turned gold. "I never signed the paramour contract!"  Xara threw her hands in the air and glared, "You are being an ass because I came to my room!  The room you gave me!"

"I am not being an ass," snapped Kaelen his eyes going to the destroyed device.  With a sigh he raked his hand over his head, "If I were angry you would know it."

Xara closed her eyes as she attempted to reign in herself, "I am not denying you, Kaelen.  But is it fair for me to accept you when you smell of another woman?"

Kaelen frowned down at Xara her words barely registering.  "You will accept me however I tell you to accept me."

Xara looked everywhere but into his gold eyes.  "Kaelen please be reasonable."

"I don't have to be reasonable," snapped Kaelen.  "You are mine, right?"

"Yes," responded Xara sadly.  "I am yours -."

"So you will do as I say," he continued cutting her off.

Xara closed her eyes and released a deep breath.  After several seconds a forced smile graced her lips, "Kaelen why don't we go take a shower or languish together in your tub before we go to bed."

Kaelen's lips turned down as he considered her words.  Several seconds passed before his gold eyes went back to their hazel green and his lips curled into a satisfied smile.  "That's a great idea.  Now that you mention it my head is starting to hurt and I should bathe and go to bed." Kaelen hiccupped as he gently grabbed Xara's wrist in a firm grip and turned on his heels to go back into his room.  "I believe since I'll be married soon we should review the sleeping arrangements."

Xara stared daggers at his back as she was dragged behind him into his bedroom.  "How was your time with Ruby?"

"I don't want to talk about it," mumbled Kaelen.  "Just thinking of her makes my dick shrivel and want to hide in my pelvic bone."

"Oh," whispered Xara.  She watched him unbuckle his pants and try to kick them off with his shoes still on.  She muffled a laugh as she walked over to help him.  "How much did you drink?"

"Enough to get me through the majority of the evening," growled Kaelen.  "And do you know she had the nerve to ask me to kiss her," snorted Kaelen disgust evident in his voice.  "As if I'd ever -."  He stopped talking and took in Xara's expression.  "Give me a kiss."