029 | in love

IT WAS A LOVELY Saturday morning in the city of Cúcuta

IT WAS A LOVELY Saturday morning in the city of Cúcuta. September eighteen of the year 2007- to be exact. No cloud in sight, only the soft blue color was in sight. The wind lightly blew against them- as the small flowers, with all sorts of colors, nearby slightly danced with grace.

Natalia strolled the streets of the city alongside James, both with smiles that could light up the world- as cliche as that was, their smiles had a glow to them, that only appeared whenever they were around each other.

It had been quite some time since they had been able to spend time together. Their lifestyles were just too different, and their days were always very busy and hectic- especially for James. So, there was usually never time for them to be together.

Natalia had done well with seeing James only a few times in the first two months. But slowly, after each month and the fewer times she was able to see James, she began to feel lonely and even a bit homesick- even though she thought it was strange because it had been James who had left home.

At the time, she was too oblivious to realize that she only felt homesick because James was her home, and whenever he was gone, she didn't feel at home anymore.

After James had moved to Medellín- to play for the Colombian club; Envigado FC. He had not been able to visit Natalia and his family for quite some time. The distance being the reason for it- Medellín was over twelve hours away from Cucúta.

James had wished he was able to see his family and friends more then what he was able to, but it wasn't possible. Usually, the only way he could visit was during his days-off or international breaks, but it wasn't too often.

There had been a few international breaks during the time he was in Medellín, and he was called up for none. James had felt disappointed in himself for not being what he thought was 'enough to get called up'. Even though he had been disappointed, he always saw the bright side (of everything), and that was returning home.

Luckily for everyone, he was back in Cúcuta for a few months since the "Liga Águila"- known as the first-division Colombian league- had ended a few days ago. Meaning the players could return home or were on some international duty-- if they were called up.

Despite the few times, they saw each other or the distance, they were inseparable. It didn't matter whether how far apart they were or how many changes could possibly come their way, they would always remain best friends.

They had always brought out the best in one another. From the moment they met, they had immediately clicked. As if they had known each other for years, it hadn't taken much for them to become best friends. Almost as if the idea of meeting one another was meant to happen, as if they were meant for each other.