kidnapped [one]

11 years ago..

"papa! papa! l-look! my tooth just falled out!" the young boy grinned happily as he showed his baby tooth to his father. the older man chuckled as he nodded to the small boy, "keep it safe so the toothfairy can get it tonight!"

in return the young boy nodded and put it safely in his pocket before going back to play with his older sister in their front lawn. the family of four -soon to be five- lived in a quiet neighbor hood with nice people and an easy going community. they had barbeques and pool parties, bonfires, and all the kids played together. it was a safe place, nothing really happened and it was just.. peaceful.

the father stood from the front steps as he thought nothing would happen. he stepped inside, leaving the screen door shut but the main front door opened widely. he entered the living room and the aroma of chicken, rice, and soy bean hit his nose like a punch to the face. he made his way through toys and blankets before he reached the kitchen where his wife stood making their dinner.

meanwhile, outside...

the two children played happily when a mysterious black car pulled up right next to where they were. a woman in all black attire stepped out of the vehicle and crouched before them, a smile on her face.

"where's your parents?" she asked, the older child answering for them; "inside. mommy is cooking."

she clicked her tongue, "I see."

the young girl looked towards the woman and the mysterious woman smiled back, putting a finger to her lips to tell her to silence herself. within a second, she grabbed the small boy by the waist with one hand while the other slapped over his mouth, his eyes wide with fear. she quickly opened her back door and tossed him in before shutting it. she smacked the little girl to silence her once more and with that, got in her car and sped away.

the father smiled at his wife from inside, about to compliment the smell when his daughters scream was heard. in an instant, the two parents ran outside to find her crying loudly, her brother missing and a car racing away.

"darling! what happened?!" the mother panicked as she ran to her child. the father stood, wide eyed before yelling, "where's your brother!?"

she continued to sob into the pregnant mothers chest with shaking hands and violent coughs, not being able to speak. so the father called out, "yoongi! yoongi, buddy, where are you?!"

"jia, darling, tell me. where is yoongi?" the mother repeated as the father frantically called out for their oldest child. she finally had a moment to speak, "she t-tooked him."

three weeks later

the woman sat upright on the sofa while her son played with his toys in the living room by her feet. she had put spongebob on for her child when a news report blocked the chanel.

"..breaking news. five year old min yoongi has been reported as missing. any information you have on the young man should be reported the police immediately. relatives believe he was kidnapped, the statement coming from his sister who aparently witnessed the entire event.." the newscaster began to explain more about the case but the mother quickly flipped off the channel, not wanting her son to ask about such cruel things at his young age.

"mommy?" he suddenly asked with teary eyes. she brought her down to him, the boy having disgarded his ironman action figure.

"yes dear?" she asked, her voice wavering.

"is dat boy gonna be okay?" he asked, and she sighed as she leaned forward. she ran a hand through his brown hair, "I hope so gukkie." she told him deciding thats the best and most honest answer she could give him without crying. how could someone take a child?

she ushered him to play again as she stood up, locked her front door, and quickly began to make something for dinner with that boy in her prayers.

nobody expected his case to be forgotten, yet they all let it happen. except for one person, determination locked into their mind.

...

the tooth fairy never came for yoongi.